DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air range without remote

tompgilliam

Reactions
Just got the MA. I was really excited to try it without the remote and just use it with my phone. I’m just wondering what sort of range I should be expecting when only connecting to the MA using my phone and not using the controller.

At one point it tried to do the asteroid but stopped because it lost connection to my phone.

I should mention I’m in the UK.

Reactions: dgd3
I’m just wondering what sort of range I should be expecting when only connecting to the MA using my phone and not using the controller.
from the website:

Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference)
Distance: 80 m
Height: 50 m

Reactions: 0.33l
Hmm. So I should probably use the remote too. I just find it clumsy to put together. I’ve heard people mention here that you don’t have to connect the phone via cable to the remote. Is that true! I suppose that makes things easier.

So I should probably use the remote too.
The experience is much better when using the remote controller. Not only is the Mavic Air easier to fly, you'll be able to fly in Sport mode, utilize the various controls available on the remote controller, and enjoy the full range.

I’ve heard people mention here that you don’t have to connect the phone via cable to the remote. Is that true!
No. You must connect your mobile device to the remote controller with a cable.

Just got the MA. I was really excited to try it without the remote and just use it with my phone. I’m just wondering what sort of range I should be expecting when only connecting to the MA using my phone and not using the controller.

At one point it tried to do the asteroid but stopped because it lost connection to my phone.

I should mention I’m in the UK.
You buy a drone and you don't want to use the controller? Geez you may want to find a new hobby [emoji6]

This is like a $59.00 kids drone ..

:D

Phone WiFi is not the same as the controllers Enhanced WiFi. The distance is quite impressive considering it's over WiFi. The range tests I've seen on YouTube so far have been more of a range test of the battery than the signal. I seen it go over 1.94 miles and back again recently in an urban area with only 3% of battery life left.

I'm impressed, but I will let others push their drones to the limits.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memotec