DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Raw Photos

AntonioRoberto

Reactions
Hey there! I recently got myself a Mavic Air. I love it and it pretty much understand everything about it because I've been watching a lot of tutorials on YouTube.

But there is something that I clearly don't understand. When I had the photo settings taking JPEG and transfered them to my phone they looked very nice and clear. The size is 7,11 MB on a photo and resolution 4056×3040.

I have a note 8 and a S7, JPEG looks great. I then watched a video saying that I should change to RAW because the photos will get much better. Watching both JPEG and RAW on my MacBook, I can then see that the RAW is better.

But on my phone, the raw file is horrible. It looks like a 5 megapixel phone took those shots. When I zoom in, I get a headache.

I want to edit high quality photos from my Mavic on my phone, like the raw files. How can I make this work?

Raw has both the full image and a preview image built into it. I'm guess you need a proper raw editor app on your phone as it seems to just be displaying the preview image

Reactions: genesimmons
I want to edit high quality photos from my Mavic on my phone, like the raw files. How can I make this work?

Phones aren't really the place to be editing photos. Though you can do it, the device was not meant for the more strenuous computing task of editing and displaying high resolution images. It's kind of like driving to the store on your lawnmower. Can you do it? Yes. But it's not very efficient and terribly slow. Much better to use a real car, as that is what it was intended to do. Phones are mini computers, but they're still basically phones. Use a computer for real computing power and displays rather than your iPhone. If you only wish to "play" with editing your photos on your phone, then stick with jpg's, as the phone is better at handling lower res and compressed files over larger uncompressed versions.

If you want to understand more about why editing RAW vs. JPG photos is better on a machine capable of editing them, read something like this:
https://photographyconcentrate.com/10-reasons-why-you-should-be-shooting-raw/

So, I finally got it right. I just downloaded Adobe Photoshop on my Note 8 and it opened up the photo in its full glory. Exactly the way it looks on my MacBook. Then I just saved the same picture on Photoshop as a JPEG. That was all, now I can edit the picture as I want.

Hope this will help others that encounter the same problem. Thank you all for your replies :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143