DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Reviews

What makes you think there will be a Mavic Pro 2? Or, what makes you think the Mavic Air isn't the Mavic Pro 2?
Maybe a future Mavic Air Pro or some such will add long distance RF, but I wouldn't bet on it. DJI might have decided that people who need longer range need to buy their more expensive Phantom line.

What makes you think there will be a Mavic Pro 2? Or, what makes you think the Mavic Air isn't the Mavic Pro 2?
Maybe a future Mavic Air Pro or some such will add long distance RF, but I wouldn't bet on it. DJI might have decided that people who need longer range need to buy their more expensive Phantom line.

I’ve seen several reports of the Mavic Pro 2 and Phantom 5 being released this year from the same article that mentioned the Air before it was released. It appears to be very accurate based on what I’ve seen with the Air. I think I saw it on Quadcopter.com

I've not seen any reviews that talk about the stability of the DJI Go app or any changes to how the Mavic Air enforces NFZ's or altitude limits. I suspect the truth is that there is no change, and this is a concern, particularly since the controller doesn't provide any flight information in the event the app crashes.

It will also be interesting to see what DJI does with the Mavic Pro/Platinum. With the exception of the firmware options, why would anyone choose more expensive models with less capabilities? I foresee a fire sale on used Mavic Pros that's going to cause their prices to collapse. If I had any indication that DJI improved the software, I'd sell my MP now and order a MPAir.
No way this is going to replace the Mavic. One thing the reviewers dont talk about is the Air transmits in WiFi. Not even a close second to occusync. Just wait until real users start complaining about the reduced range that even DJI states they will get. Just try to fly in highly congested areas. Wifi video lag? Dropped packets? Fly behind a tree or small building? Really this drone is a solid upgrade to the Spark. A Spark 2? Now I see a price reduction in the Mavic Pro when the Mavic pro 2 comes out. Used prices wont be affected due to the current Mavic Pro's ability to be easily Hacked to remove the big brother modes.

Most of dji's customers are Mavic Pro owners because of portability and good features. they won't care what dji calls their next drone, MP2 MPX, as long as it satisfies their needs. Today in consumers culture, there is no such a practice of buying products with less specs of what you already have. I'm sure if any other company makes a better drone than the MP, most of them will go for it. The EVO from Autel Robotics is my next choice if dji don't come up with a better drone. In this world of technology there is no such a thing called loyalty. He who offers better product gets the cash.

DJI better listen, Interesting results so far

Attachments

• evo.JPG
    evo.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 97
DJI better listen, Interesting results so far

The Autel Evo is basically a Mavic Pro with a better 4k camera with a bigger sensor and 60 fps. It also adds rearward obstacle sensors in addition to the forward and below directions. After 2 years I am *certain* DJI has a Mavic Pro 2 planned with that and more, but with Autel not having announced a price or release date it allows a bit more time for DJI to allow the Mavic Air to have the spotlight before attempting to crush Autel's dreams when they announce a price and shipping date much like the first Mavic Pro did to the GoPro Karma.

The Autel Evo is basically a Mavic Pro with a better 4k camera with a bigger sensor and 60 fps. It also adds rearward obstacle sensors in addition to the forward and below directions. After 2 years I am *certain* DJI has a Mavic Pro 2 planned with that and more, but with Autel not having announced a price or release date it allows a bit more time for DJI to allow the Mavic Air to have the spotlight before attempting to crush Autel's dreams when they announce a price and shipping date much like the first Mavic Pro did to the GoPro Karma.
Karma is nothing like the Evo. If Autel releases the Evo now with the right price and good first reviews then it will kill Mavic Pro and will shift the attention from Mavic Air. They will definitely place their foot in the drone market even if dji introduces Mavic Pro II.
In my opinion, if a company can produce a product that is superior to the Mavic Pro, can also produce a strong competitor to whatever dji come up with.

Karma is nothing like the Evo. If Autel releases the Evo now with the right price and good first reviews then it will kill Mavic Pro and will shift the attention from Mavic Air. They will definitely place their foot in the drone market even if dji introduces Mavic Pro II.
In my opinion, if a company can produce a product that is superior to the Mavic Pro, can also produce a strong competitor to whatever dji come up with.

Fair enough, on paper and based on early demos it certainly looks like a match to Mavic Pro but the added sensors of the Air and better 4k 60 fps camera. I'm sure DJI is well aware of the Evo and thats why I think the Mavic Pro 2 that will meet or exceed the features will be launched in the same timeframe (March.) That said the only way you make a REAL dent in DJI is to have a product that is either CHEAPER, or far BETTER and preferably both. If the Autel Evo comes out at $999 and DJI immediately launches a Mavic Pro 2 with all the same features and more at $999 the Evo will be dead on arrival. Hope I'm wrong because competition is a good thing for all of us.

Fair enough, on paper and based on early demos it certainly looks like a match to Mavic Pro but the added sensors of the Air and better 4k 60 fps camera. I'm sure DJI is well aware of the Evo and thats why I think the Mavic Pro 2 that will meet or exceed the features will be launched in the same timeframe (March.) That said the only way you make a REAL dent in DJI is to have a product that is either CHEAPER, or far BETTER and preferably both. If the Autel Evo comes out at $999 and DJI immediately launches a Mavic Pro 2 with all the same features and more at $999 the Evo will be dead on arrival. Hope I'm wrong because competition is a good thing for all of us.
I doubt that the price of MP II will $999. I think it'll be between $1100 and $1200 based on the price of the Mavic Air. Everyone expected the MA price to be $699 but it came out at $799. If the Evo price comes out at $900 or even $999 they will strongly compete with dji

I doubt that the price of MP II will $999. I think it'll be between $1100 and $1200 based on the price of the Mavic Air. Everyone expected the MA price to be $699 but it came out at $799. If the Evo price comes out at $900 or even $999 they will strongly compete with dji

Yep, the Air is unquestionably too expensive for what it is. I was VERY surprised, having predicted $649-$699 for the base model. $1,000 for the Fly More is a chunk of change indeed.

IF it had OcuSync with the same range as the Mavic Pro, I'd be 100% behind it, even with the lesser battery. As it is, it niggles at me, but I'm rapidly getting over it, and have been (trying) to cancel my order with DJI.

I know I'll be irritated later in the year when the TRUE successor to the Mavic Pro likely shows up.

Reactions: Gray_seagull
Yep, the Air is unquestionably too expensive for what it is. I was VERY surprised, having predicted $649-$699 for the base model.
Perhaps it's a sign of what's to come for the Mavic Pro 2...

Right on. I suspect it'll include everything the Mavic Air has and then some.

One thing I may add, those so called drone reviewers were invited to the conference and each was given a Mavic Air so they can blast our ears about how wonderful the product is.
I ain't gonna watch them again

Perhaps it's a sign of what's to come for the Mavic Pro 2...

I think Spark was test bed for newly designed gimbal and gesture modes of MA and MA will be test bed for MPII. I will say though, if MP II is not in smaller form factor, I will likely stick with MA absent severely limited range. As someone already said, your best camera is the one you have with you.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13