DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com

Reactions: CornerGuy

Reactions: Zyskman78
Just remember: many of the videos popping up right now are EXCELLENT but ALL are from individuals pre-seeded the Mavic Air because of their past glowing reviews for DJI products. Every one of these folks know they won't get future drones early from DJI if they call out issues in these initial reviews. I've watched many of these and while informative they aren't getting into the really gritty details of Mavic Air vs. other drones in particular in comparing image quality. Saying a camera is 4k 30fps 100mbps is fine but there is WAY more to the end result than that... some of the blown up shots in the iPhonedo review next to the Mavic Pro shots make it seem the Mavic Air has WORSE image quality than the Mavic Pro but no one is talking... yet.

Last edited:
Have any reviews mentioned the ability to fly in light rain/waterproofishness of the Air. I'd order one today if it would be a bit more robust weather wise...otherwise, I'll see what the M2 brings.

Have any reviews mentioned the ability to fly in light rain/waterproofishness of the Air
The Mavic Air FAQ states it's not waterproof, so it would probably be safe to assume it'll handle wet weather as well as all other DJI drones.

The Mavic Air FAQ states it's not waterproof, so it would probably be safe to assume it'll handle wet weather as well as all other DJI drones.

Thanks. Thought I read some speculation on here that it was supposed to get some trickle down robustness against moisture (IP43 or something along those lines). Anyway, still a nice looking set of specs.

Reactions: Is1971de

I've not seen any reviews that talk about the stability of the DJI Go app or any changes to how the Mavic Air enforces NFZ's or altitude limits. I suspect the truth is that there is no change, and this is a concern, particularly since the controller doesn't provide any flight information in the event the app crashes.

It will also be interesting to see what DJI does with the Mavic Pro/Platinum. With the exception of the firmware options, why would anyone choose more expensive models with less capabilities? I foresee a fire sale on used Mavic Pros that's going to cause their prices to collapse. If I had any indication that DJI improved the software, I'd sell my MP now and order a MPAir.

Well I have a Mavic Pro and a Spark, so something in between doesn’t grab my interest. Mavic Air does look like an excellent drone for a mid expense entry level bird.

Last edited:
Unluckily it has wify only remote controll which makes it not so good to use in a big cities, so i will stay with my Mav Pro waiting for Mav2 Pro

Reactions: stratos
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13