DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Reviews

Lol so many people are TRYING to push this narrative, I find it hilarious. Mavic Air is a Mavic, it’s in the Mavic family, whether you think so or not. Any drone with a 4K camera that is better than the Mavic Pro’s camera, is more than a “glorified Spark” and “Great entry level selfie drone”, but keep telling yourself that.
no its not, the Air is the Spark pro. period. nice little selfie drone :)

You must don’t have one? Because it’s typically those that don’t own them that cries and degrades them the most. Regardless, I have them all and I must say the Air is the real deal. I’ve found myself packing it before the others.

I have both and have done a full comparison to the Air directly with the Pro and it's absolutely comparable to the Pro.
The Air has a better camera than the Pro; it has the same resolution but higher frame rate options, higher bit rate and a smaller aperture avoiding the need to Tap to Focus.
The gimbal is far better engineered for protecton in flight.
It has some great new quickshot features;
It has rear sensors over and above the Pro's forward and downward sensors.
It has internal storage for over 10 mins of 4k video or over 1,000 photos.
It has USB C for faster file transfer.
And is much, much lighter and smaller than the Pro, but handles high winds and has a top speed 1mph faster than the Pro.
But, it has 7 mins less flying time and can only reliably fly to around 1.5 miles away. If those two elements make it a Spark in your mind, then I strongly suggest you don't buy an Air.... :)
But maybe watch my comparison video and you'll see why I'm already leaving the Mavic Pro at home in favour of the Air more and more at the moment....
Cheers

Ian

Last edited:
Reactions: AAPhoto
You must don’t have one? Because it’s typically those that don’t own them that cries and degrades them the most. Regardless, I have them all and I must say the Air is the real deal. I’ve found myself packing it before the others.
Spot on... Suddenly my Mavic Pro seems massive, heavy and clunky :) Which is mad....

Ian

Spot on... Suddenly my Mavic Pro seems massive, heavy and clunky :) Which is mad....

Ian

I totally agree! The Mavic feels like a big drone after flying the Air. It took me a couple of weeks to adjust to its super quick characteristics. I love the Mavic for what it is and it still will be utilized to the fullest, But the Air is a different monster. I boosted mine within 24hours of owning it and it doesn’t skip a beat at extended ranges. Boosting it was a game changer for me.

Reactions: Ian in London
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_