Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Sport Mode Hard Braking

brianreubelt

Reactions
Hello! I am new to this group and have a couple questions regarding my Mavic Air. I recently upgraded from a phantom 3 advanced I’ve been flying for about two years now. I decided to give sport mode a try the other day and I was impressed by the speed that he Air could travel at but I was a bit surprised by how fast it stops even when trying to feather the accelerator back slowly. It seemed to be going at near full speed and if I attempted to slow down, it would almost come to an immediate stop and I am worried about putting too much wear on the rotors. Anyone else have any experience with this or maybe I have a setting off?

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
MavicHelp.com
You can adjust the brake in the following section of DJI GO. If you adjust it mid-flight (above all obstacles), it'll be easier to find the setting that's best for you.

DJI-GO-Brake.jpg

Reactions: brianreubelt

brianreubelt

Reactions
Thank you, I will look into this today and hopefully get it where I need it. I have only had the drone for a few days, so you think it’s likely that the hard stops in sport mode caused any damage to the drone?

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
MavicHelp.com

JDawg

Reactions
Thank you, I will look into this today and hopefully get it where I need it. I have only had the drone for a few days, so you think it’s likely that the hard stops in sport mode caused any damage to the drone?
When I 1st received my MA I ran it as hard as I could in sport mode for many sessions. Hard stops, spinning as fast as I could during hard stops, 180 degree full throttle turns, anything I could think of to see if it had limits and I found none and have had no issues.

Reactions: brianreubelt

DJI Drone Deals

1. Mini SE - $299
2. Mini 2 - $449
3. Air 2 (renewed) - $649
4. Air 2s - $999
5. FPV Combo - $1299
6. Mavic 2 Zoom - $1349
7. Mavic 2 Pro - $1499

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads