DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Sport Mode Hard Braking

brianreubelt

Reactions
Hello! I am new to this group and have a couple questions regarding my Mavic Air. I recently upgraded from a phantom 3 advanced I’ve been flying for about two years now. I decided to give sport mode a try the other day and I was impressed by the speed that he Air could travel at but I was a bit surprised by how fast it stops even when trying to feather the accelerator back slowly. It seemed to be going at near full speed and if I attempted to slow down, it would almost come to an immediate stop and I am worried about putting too much wear on the rotors. Anyone else have any experience with this or maybe I have a setting off?

You can adjust the brake in the following section of DJI GO. If you adjust it mid-flight (above all obstacles), it'll be easier to find the setting that's best for you.

DJI-GO-Brake.jpg

Reactions: brianreubelt
Thank you, I will look into this today and hopefully get it where I need it. I have only had the drone for a few days, so you think it’s likely that the hard stops in sport mode caused any damage to the drone?

Thank you, I will look into this today and hopefully get it where I need it. I have only had the drone for a few days, so you think it’s likely that the hard stops in sport mode caused any damage to the drone?
When I 1st received my MA I ran it as hard as I could in sport mode for many sessions. Hard stops, spinning as fast as I could during hard stops, 180 degree full throttle turns, anything I could think of to see if it had limits and I found none and have had no issues.

Reactions: brianreubelt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000