DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air spotted

this just doesn't really match up with the teaser
Other than it maybe being a gray model, this looks exactly like the back of the Mavic Air on the box above:

Air.jpg

Other than it maybe being a gray model, this looks exactly like the back of the Mavic Air on the box above:

View attachment 29209
Yeah,I can see that, I was referring to the still image on the DJI home page, it just looks like one long curved top and not the little extra flat part in the back, I am guessing the smoke in the picture is just masking it to keep us in suspense.

I still wonder if maybe there are two drone announcements tomorrow, this just doesn't really match up with the teaser.

There has always been rumors of Mavic 2 , but I think we'll have to wait until after the Phantom 5 with it's micro 4/3rds or APS- C sensor is announced and then the Mavic 2 goes up to the 1" sensor

Reactions: JoshuaCarlton
I'm just glad my MP and MPP are not obsolete after tomorrow, but I know my Spark will be

Reactions: Neebles
even though I have several drones including Mavic and P4P, I always enjoyed the spark, so if this is like the spark but a better image, I will likely still get it.

Using google translate it looks like it will have a 3 axis gimble and 3 way environmental perception. Less clear what the latter means in reality, front back and downward obstacle avoidance maybe?

I still wonder if maybe there are two drone announcements tomorrow, this just doesn't really match up with the teaser.

Yes it does :)

I blended these from the teaser using photoshop. Looks like the back.

upload_2018-1-22_6-50-34.png

They should have called it Spark Air. Does not really fit into the Mavic class.

ok so the image posted on the first page is the poster not their box.

and on it, it translate to say

- 32MP panorama photo
- Foldable
- 4K digital stabilised camera
- 3 way obstacle avoidance
- hand gesture selfie mode - like spark
- 21 mins flight time

and so this is official and it looks like they will have multiple colours as well, so far, there was a black on leaked also.

Reactions: nheilwei
Hard to tell the size. In one picture it looks the same size or even smaller than the spark. Another looks like it's between a Spark and a Mavic. Imagine if this thing is less than a 1/2 pound.

Reactions: nheilwei
When I read the Mavic air was going to come in different colors I knew right away it wasn't what I was hoping for. DJI has figured out that the money is on the lower end. Expect more releases of cheaper selfie drones. They named it the mavic air to justify the cost and to get the spark crowd to upgrade.

Reactions: HydroneMantis
When I read the Mavic air was going to come in different colors I knew right away it wasn't what I was hoping for. DJI has figured out that the money is on the lower end. Expect more releases of cheaper selfie drones. They named it the mavic air to justify the cost and to get the spark crowd to upgrade.

I don’t think this is a Spark replacement so much as a more premium version of the Spark for a different customer at a different price point. Spark hasn’t been around long enough to justify a full replacement. 6 month product life before announcement is too short.

That said, if the Spark is selling poorly then it could be a replacement.

Reactions: Greg Smithski
It's Canon vs Nikon all over again, one day Autel will catch up and surpass DJI, just like Nikon did in the sensor race
You mean Sony the manufacture of all Nikon sensors for years. Canon might be lagging but at least they make their own sensors.

Looks like the Tello or something similar will replace the Spark and this will fill the gap between tello and phantom. The Air will have Spark gesture control front back and below sensors 4K60 camera with 360pano but a flight time between that of a spark and a Mavic. Makes me wonder that will happen to the next phantom will that be a P5 with Mavic like foldability quieter props, better camera and longer flight time. I hope so [emoji2]

Reactions: Greg Smithski
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4