DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air through security at Dubai airport and the Philippines

Josselin

Reactions
Hey everyone!
Rookie here, and I got my first drone (mavic air) recently and am planning to travel to the philippines from Geneva in a week. My flight is planned to stop at Dubai, so I wanted to know if my drone can safely make it to Cebu (Philippines), and what can you guys advise me to do as it is my first time traveling with my drone, and I would rather prefer it to not get confiscated on my first trip with it...

Thanks for your help!

Hey everyone!
Rookie here, and I got my first drone (mavic air) recently and am planning to travel to the philippines from Geneva in a week. My flight is planned to stop at Dubai, so I wanted to know if my drone can safely make it to Cebu (Philippines), and what can you guys advise me to do as it is my first time traveling with my drone, and I would rather prefer it to not get confiscated on my first trip with it...

Thanks for your help!
Hi , Welcome !

No issue with Philippines. Brought my bird there a couple of time.
i basically walk thru the immigration everytime, they dont really bother.
Just to add, mine is also the Mavic air, brought the whole combo set with me, extra props, chargers, cables, even brought the prop guard which i didnt used. so its quite a big bag..lol

not sure for dubai

For Dubai, you'll be ok if you're only transiting. If you're flying Emirates, they have a (strange) rule where your drone has to be checked though.

I am living in Dubai. The batteries must be removed and travel with you in your cabin luggages. For the drone it self they don't care. Usually there is no issue for the transit passengers but batteries (preferably discharged) must travel with you. FYI drones are forbiden in the UAE

FYI drones are forbiden in the UAE
Drones aren't forbidden. They just need to be registered (which is hard/impossible for a tourist).

Most times customs won't pick them up (if you enter the country). If they do, they confiscate them until your departure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan