DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Unable to Record Homepoint Despite GPS Signal

slevin10

Reactions
Problem?
Attempted to fly my Mavic Air in a dense urban area with 8-10 GP Satellites locked on. Compass struggled to calibrate due to interference but it seemed to cooperate eventually. When trying to set a homepoint manually before takeoff, I got a "Can't set current homepoint" error without explanation for both the aircraft location and controller location. Taking off with precision landing checked also did not result in the homepoint being recorded. Any idea as to what I could be doing wrong? (I'm a new pilot so could easily be making a rookie mistake)

Was unit in a crash?
Nope

What have you tried so far?
Moving to an area with less (but still notable) interference until the compass was successfully calibrated. Moving to area with at least 8 GP Satellites locked on.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
iPhone 6s

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?

Latest to date

What Go app version are you using?
Latest to date

Any modification?
(if so what)
None

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
None

Problem?
Attempted to fly my Mavic Air in a dense urban area with 8-10 GP Satellites locked on. Compass struggled to calibrate due to interference but it seemed to cooperate eventually. When trying to set a homepoint manually before takeoff, I got a "Can't set current homepoint" error without explanation for both the aircraft location and controller location. Taking off with precision landing checked also did not result in the homepoint being recorded. Any idea as to what I could be doing wrong? (I'm a new pilot so could easily be making a rookie mistake)
It sounds like you are in a bad location if you are getting magnetic interference and GPS troubles.
Your drone will automatically record a homepoint as soon as you get good GPS reception.
8-10 sats is low and if you have obstacles like terrain, buildings or trees blocking the skyview that will reduce sat numbers.
Compass errors will also cause problems with GPS.

Can you describe your launch spot?
The recorded flight data would show exactly what was happening.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman