DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic battery issue

Viciam

Reactions
Hi guys

So today I was charging one of my mavic batteries when the third light started blinking twice every second. I looked it up and I believe it means overcharge detected.

I then decided to try the battery in the mavic. Below are the screenshots from that flight. I dont really know what it all means so was hoping someone can tell me if all is okay or what?

At around 2 or 3 % battery, I got a battery error message. The flight duration is at the bottom right of the screenshots. This battery has had around 41 charges/flights

Im quiet worried as these batteries are not cheap.

There are more screenshots in the second post on this thead as it only allows to attach 10 photos to a post.

Thanks in advace.

IMG_1521.PNG IMG_1522.PNG IMG_1523.PNG IMG_1524.PNG IMG_1525.PNG IMG_1526.PNG IMG_1527.PNG IMG_1528.PNG IMG_1529.PNG IMG_1530.PNG

Last edited:
IMG_1533.PNG IMG_1534.PNG IMG_1535.PNG IMG_1536.PNG IMG_1537.PNG IMG_1538.PNG IMG_1539.PNG IMG_1540.PNG IMG_1541.PNG Heres the screenshots from rest of that same flight.

Attachments

• IMG_1542.PNG
    IMG_1542.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
Were you hovering in the last few pictures? If so, you were operating the battery lower than the recommended 3.5v in cell #1 for around 1 - 2 minutes. The battery temp was ok, but you ran the cell voltage below the threshold of safety. The battery seemed fine up until then. 22 minutes of flight time is more than most people get, and I usually land at 25 - 30% battery and minimum 3.6v per cell.

Were you hovering in the last few pictures? If so, you were operating the battery lower than the recommended 3.5v in cell #1 for around 1 - 2 minutes. The battery temp was ok, but you ran the cell voltage below the threshold of safety. The battery seemed fine up until then. 22 minutes of flight time is more than most people get, and I usually land at 25 - 30% battery and minimum 3.6v per cell.

Hi, yes I was hovering for the last few pictures. Is it normal for one of the cells to deplete so much when there is around 4/5% battery remaining indicated?

Hi, yes I was hovering for the last few pictures. Is it normal for one of the cells to deplete so much when there is around 4/5% battery remaining indicated?

Yes, usually one cell is weaker than the other 2. When you drop so low in voltage, all 3 cells could fail just because 1 cell is so much lower than the other 2.

Flying a battery below 8% is like playing with fire.

Reactions: PowerT1998
Yes, usually one cell is weaker than the other 2. When you drop so low in voltage, all 3 cells could fail just because 1 cell is so much lower than the other 2.

Flying a battery below 8% is like playing with fire.

Hi, I don't normally fly below 15%. I just did today for testing purposes as that overcharge detect issue had be worried so I wanted to discharge the whole battery as much as possible. Im now charging it up again so will see if I get that message again.

Last edited:
Hi, I don't normally fly below 15%. I just did today for testing purposes as that overcharge detect issue had be worried so I wanted to discharge the whole batter as much as possible. Im not charging it up again so will see if I get that message again.

You should charge it to at least 35% as soon as possible. Dont let it sit there on 2-4%.

I'm charging it to 100%. I really hope this was just a one off issue and I hope my battery is fine :(

Guys, an update. I just charged the batter again and the 3rd light is flashing again :(

I had 2 inspire batteries do the same thing a couple weeks ago. They both had about 25 charges on them and I had not done a deep cycle charge on them. I did a deep cycle on both and they balanced out again and the lights stopped flashing the warning. I used the phantom angle to do the deep cycle which I don't know if there is something out there for the Mavic Pro/Platt batteries to do a deep cycle.

I'm worried. The batteries are expensive and I don't want my mavic to fall out of the air! :(

He didn't say how old but said around 41 charges. I saw on the Dji forum for mavic that one of the admins said don't need to deep cycle the Mavic batteries unless there is a problem with it. I haven't had any problems with any of my mavic batteries as of yet.

Last edited:
That is a link to a video on you tube that discusses it a little, start at the 17 min mark and he tell how. Copy and paste it in your browser and see if that will help you out.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
One thing he did not mention is to let the battery cool down completely before charging it again.

Hi guys,

So I charged it fully the other day and the light flashed again. Today i put it in the mavic again to test. Please see below. Is the cell volts normal? I discharged it to 45% today then removed from mavic. Letting it cool down now fully before charging again.

Is this a cell imbalance issue? Please see below

Any advice would be awesome

IMG_1548.PNG IMG_1549.PNG IMG_1551.PNG IMG_1552.PNG

Cell #1 is marginally damaged, its voltage is .07v below the others when fully charged. As the battery drains, they even out to an acceptable difference. How long did you let it tun for? On your last pictures you had air time.

Fly or hover the battery until it lands on its own. Leave it turned on until the battery shuts down on it's own. Let it cool completely, like an hour or so then charge it and see if that will reset it. If not I don't know.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803