DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic crashed in the water

Skyviewknox

Reactions
I crashed my new mavic in a pool any advice would be great and yes i know im an idiot for flying over water

Are you looking for someone to repair it, or do you want to try and repair it yourself?

BTW, everyone flies over water at one time or another. At least you got your Mavic back.

I crashed my new mavic in a pool any advice would be great and yes i know im an idiot for flying over water

Over a pool and you call yourself an idiot LOL. Then I must be the worlds biggest idiot because most of my flights are over the ocean, a mile or so from the shore. One mess up and it's down into Davy Jones locker for good.

Rob

Like "Robbyg", almost all my flights are over water, a river. Mavic goes in on an unscheduled landing I have no chance of retrieving.

Like motorcycles...Don't over fly your abilities or your Mavic abilities. Trust the Mavic, it's an awesome piggy bank - drone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soft7
I've seen a few threads on the forum about rinsing and drying drowned drones, but I'm thinking it's probably stuffed long term even if it could fly again.
And how could you trust it again ?
Parts of the sensitive electronics could corrode mid to long term (very likely) and cause a major malfunction.
If it was a fresh water pool, you might be luckier than into a salt system, or the ocean etc.

It was definitely user error ? Not a possible warranty issue from a malfunction ?
You don't have refresh ?

Depending on what you own for the drone, accessories etc, you might be able to pick up a drone body only and go from there, retain the old one rinsed (if needed) / dried as best possible, for spares.

Last edited:
There are a few videos on YouTube where the craft crashed in freshwater and flew again after being dried in rice. You'll certainly have to replace your battery.

I did get the care refresh pack and I actually do have quite a few batteries thank you all for the advice and info is very helpful actually and I guess the pool definitely isn't as bad as the ocean LOL

I crashed my new Mavic in a pool any advice would be great and yes I know I'm an idiot for flying over water
So total newbie here, Maiden flight I crashed my Mavic into my pond. after about 1/2 hour I was able to retrieve it. The lights on the battery were still lit but blinking but the lights on the drone were out. I removed the battery and towel dried the unit. I then used a hairdryer on low for about 1/2 hour. After that did the rice thing for a day and a half. I put a new battery in it and it powered up but would not communicate with the controller, It was a really nice cool sunny day so I left it out in the sun for about 4 hours then back into the rice for another day, Put the battery back in and it powered up and communicated but I kept losing the signal to the camera. The cooling fan was running so I let it run for about 10 min then powered it back up and everything worked. I let it run with the motors going for about another 10 min then installed the blades let it run and took off 4 or 5 times. I continued to let it run for the life of the battery and had no more communication problems. I think it's saved. The battery that got wet is dead.

Reactions: butterflyslicer
So total newbie here, Maiden flight I crashed my Mavic into my pond. after about 1/2 hour I was able to retrieve it. The lights on the battery were still lit but blinking but the lights on the drone were out. I removed the battery and towel dried the unit. I then used a hairdryer on low for about 1/2 hour. After that did the rice thing for a day and a half. I put a new battery in it and it powered up but would not communicate with the controller, It was a really nice cool sunny day so I left it out in the sun for about 4 hours then back into the rice for another day, Put the battery back in and it powered up and communicated but I kept losing the signal to the camera. The cooling fan was running so I let it run for about 10 min then powered it back up and everything worked. I let it run with the motors going for about another 10 min then installed the blades let it run and took off 4 or 5 times. I continued to let it run for the life of the battery and had no more communication problems. I think it's saved. The battery that got wet is dead.
Cool. You did everything I would of done except powering it up. The consensus is do not switch anything on until the unit is fully dry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard