DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

I ordered mine from very.co.uk but still no sign of it and from recent emails I wont see it this year either. Is anyone else not concerned that the longer we go on waiting for the Mavic pro, the Mavic 2 will be announced lol? The drone will be 5 months+ old by the time it shows, going off DJI's product launch timeline a new one will be just a matter of months behind. I would be gutted if that happened.

I ordered mine from very.co.uk but still no sign of it and from recent emails I wont see it this year either. Is anyone else not concerned that the longer we go on waiting for the Mavic pro, the Mavic 2 will be announced lol? The drone will be 5 months+ old by the time it shows, going off DJI's product launch timeline a new one will be just a matter of months behind. I would be gutted if that happened.

There probably will be a Mavic 2 at some point. I doubt it'd be until summer 2017 at the earliest and it might be much later. And who knows how long the waiting list would be.

The same could be said of anything these days. Why buy a new phone when a new model will be along in 12 months?

The fact at some point there may be a Mavic 2 wouldn't stop me buying a Mavic version 1 - not that I can actually buy a Mavic!

The only thing I would want from a Mavic 2 would be to fix any issues found with the Mavic 1 and introduce a 1 inch sensor.

There probably will be a Mavic 2 at some point. I doubt it'd be until summer 2017 at the earliest and it might be much later. And who knows how long the waiting list would be.

The same could be said of anything these days. Why buy a new phone when a new model will be along in 12 months?

The fact at some point there may be a Mavic 2 wouldn't stop me buying a Mavic version 1 - not that I can actually buy a Mavic!

The only thing I would want from a Mavic 2 would be to fix any issues found with the Mavic 1 and introduce a 1 inch sensor.
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Mavic Standard (or just Mavic) within the next six months, ie: the same basic aircraft with some features removed (I'd expect the VPS and Glonass reception to go first, hopefully not the front collision avoidance cameras, as they really ought to be standard features going forward). It would match DJI's other model naming conventions.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

I believe Mavic 2 will be delayed, if it was intended to release it, as people are saying.
It will be nonsense to announce it soon, but who knows.. I also did not believe what's is going on.
If they do that, probably we'll be watching the same movie...

So I'm not really concerned about news mavics.
What I'm concerned is that i sold my P3, and have nothing to fly anymore :(

Can't see a version 2 for at least 12 months but almost sure there will be a revision 1a with a few hardware tweaks. This is normal in manufacturing, most the time you just have no idea unless you start digging into the specs.... My guess is Gimbal will be due an update, NOT a 1 inch sensor though, thats a P4P USP, Mavic is the 'foldable' USP drone.

I believe Mavic 2 will be delayed, if it was intended to release it, as people are saying.
It will be nonsense to announce it soon, but who knows.. I also did not believe what's is going on.
If they do that, probably we'll be watching the same movie...

So I'm not really concerned about news mavics.
What I'm concerned is that i sold my P3, and have nothing to fly anymore :(
I have just brought a Xiaomi Drone for a little fun as cheap price during the Black friday rubbish, but I also have an Inspire so a little spoilt. I will buy a Mavic but not this one, I'll wait until summer.

if it was as simple as just waiting i would maybe just wait.. but its not.. DJI do have production/shipping problems which at first seemed okay but two months down the line do not seem okay..

if they haven't fixed the problems by now its possible they never will.. if/when that happens production which has never properly started in the first place may have to stop until it is..

as we are now a few very early adopters have a mavic a fair number seem to have "faults".. the vast majority of would be mavic owners (me being one of them) only have what seem to be empty promises..

trog

Most of the problems beeing reported are user errors. Also, there are always items that dont have the same perfection as others, it happens all the time.
Most of the problems can also be solved with firmware upgrades.
If I was so sure about what you are telling, I surely do not buy it at this time, but it's hard to me to believe it.
If the new mavic will be better? - No doubt about it....
I guess we'll have to wait and see...

if it was as simple as just waiting i would maybe just wait.. but its not.. DJI do have production/shipping problems which at first seemed okay but two months down the line do not seem okay..

if they haven't fixed the problems by now its possible they never will.. if/when that happens production which has never properly started in the first place may have to stop until it is..

as we are now a few very early adopters have a mavic a fair number seem to have "faults".. the vast majority of would be mavic owners (me being one of them) only have what seem to be empty promises..

trog

It is extremely frustrating! I've never known such a bad launch of a product. Even Apple get new products out quicker than this.

As you say it wouldn't be so bad if there was a definite date for arrival - but instead we just get lots of empty promises.

I still hold out hope that at some point in the next few months at least one of the companies I ordered from will get enough shipments to be able to send me one.

If nothing has arrived by February - 4 months after my initial order from HeliGuy - I'll have to have a re-think.

If nothing has arrived by February - 4 months after my initial order from HeliGuy - I'll have to have a re-think.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I'm in the same position were I sold my P4 to fund the mavic so have nothing to fly and fed up of waiting now. Even more so since they announced the P4P which was only 8 months after announcement of the P4 which was a relatively solid platform and they had no need to replace it yet really. I guess i'm just pissed off at the farse that was the mavic "pre" order. really, what was the piont? The UK has been well and truly stuffed over in favour of other world wide orders.

It is extremely frustrating! I've never known such a bad launch of a product. Even Apple get new products out quicker than this.

As you say it wouldn't be so bad if there was a definite date for arrival - but instead we just get lots of empty promises.

I still hold out hope that at some point in the next few months at least one of the companies I ordered from will get enough shipments to be able to send me one.

If nothing has arrived by February - 4 months after my initial order from HeliGuy - I'll have to have a re-think.

your thinking is like mine i am just not prepared to wait any longer.. i dont really need the mavic until next spring so its easier for me just to ask for a refund and forget about the whole thing until march or april time next year..

i may buy a nice condition used P4 or P3 pro and not bother with the mavic at all.. i do like the mavic portablity but could manage without it..

trog

Cheer up people, nearly CHRISTMAS :D:D:D

Reactions: Wacker2611
Got mine today - ordered 30/09 from Jessie's.
8447f92ef8c59eab41787263eb0b2ab1.jpg
01803ba13e44b59015d3e5469d9e07ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

UK Apple mavic orders are now dispatching

that is pretty much how the low production numbers are being hidden.. send a few out in all direction and "UK Apple mavic orders are now dispatching"

no they are not.. just a tiny number have.. the times i have seen this is getting boring.. larger dealers get a fraction of what they have ordered smaller dealers get none..

i havnt canceled my mavic order because i cant be arsed to wait.. i have canceled it because i no longer think there is much chance of me getting a mavic at all.. :)

what i think needs (and in the end will) to happen is.. DJI need to stop selling stuff they cant supply and so do the dealers who stupidly still have mavics on apparent sale..

and above the end user needs to stop placing orders for something they aint likley to get.. he he..

the insanity of "pre-orders" and no charge untill shipped is getting out of hand.. he he..

i got charged which is why i am after my money back... if not i would probably be just like everyone else.. :)

trog

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe153