DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

the dealers are a million miles behind.. the important thing is are the dealers catching up or are they getting farther behind..

at a guess i recon for every order shipped 10 more get placed.. he he

trog

ps.. and dont forget if you are lucky enough to get one it can be flipped on ebay for a nice profit.. brand new in a box only £2500 pounds.. he he he

Last edited:
Have you tried other settings at all? Casey Faris reckoned Art -1, -3, -3 but that was a firmware or two ago?

I don't think you particularly need turn down contrast and saturation in Art.
I did a bit this morning - at the start it's Art -1, 0, 0 - but has had contrast and saturation increased slightly.

With a very busy scene there's few annoying artefacts and a rather nice bell-like clarity.
Then the rest of the video is on None with -2, -1, -1 which is OK too and needs practically nothing changing.
I also tried DLog but it's really hard to get decent even using the DJI Lut just doesn't work very well.

I'd go with Art and sharpening turned down to -1 or -2 as a start point but it will need some grading.
Or if you want minimal editing use None set as above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pedro
the dealers are a million miles behind.. the important thing is are the dealers catching up or are they getting farther behind..

at a guess i recon for every order shipped 10 more get placed.. he he

trog

ps.. and dont forget if you are lucky enough to get one it can be flipped on ebay for a nice profit.. brand new in a box only £2500 pounds.. he he he

Well I've got mine. And, no, I won't be selling it. Anyone who does is basically saying 'I don't really have any interest in this hobby, I'm more interested in making a profit'. Pathetic. Go to the bookies instead...

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: DirkGently and Andy
Well I've got mine. And, no, I won't be selling it. Anyone who does is basically saying 'I don't really have any interest in this hobby, I'm more interested in making a profit'. Pathetic. Go to the bookies instead...

ether way it dosnt look good for dealers ever catching up with orders.. everybody that knows about the situation will be chucking in multiple "pre-orders" ether because they really do want a mavic for their own use or simply to flip on ebay for a nice profit..

i looked earlier today.. brand new in the box £2500 quid or used (only with 40 flights on it) for a tad less.. he he

then we have the real dealers making December or January delivery promises.. all false because none of them have the faintest idea of when they will get their mavics.. they are just pulling figures out of thin air..

insanity.. i cant think of a better word to describe the situation.. :)

trog

I have been following this for a few weeks now and have been keeping a close eye on their twitter pages. DJI support on twitter are saying all orders placed with them before November 3rd will be fullfield by December 29th. They did also mention there will be a shipping update on the mavic this week... we shall see!

I have been following this for a few weeks now and have been keeping a close eye on their twitter pages. DJI support on twitter are saying all orders placed with them before November 3rd will be fullfield by December 29th. They did also mention there will be a shipping update on the mavic this week... we shall see!

yes we shall see.. its worth noting that the November 3 statement was made a long time ago.. the situation has got much worse since then.. i see zillions of more "pre-orders" being placed after Nov 3.. what about those.. he he

there really is only one way to sort this mess out.. DJI need to remove the things from the market.. put them back on the market when they have their act together and can actually supply what they are selling.. ..

trog

I don't think you particularly need turn down contrast and saturation in Art.
I did a bit this morning - at the start it's Art -1, 0, 0 - but has had contrast and saturation increased slightly.

With a very busy scene there's few annoying artefacts and a rather nice bell-like clarity.
Then the rest of the video is on None with -2, -1, -1 which is OK too and needs practically nothing changing.
I also tried DLog but it's really hard to get decent even using the DJI Lut just doesn't work very well.

I'd go with Art and sharpening turned down to -1 or -2 as a start point but it will need some grading.
Or if you want minimal editing use None set as above.

Thanks, I'm taking Wednesday off to do some filming around Sussex, will try a few settings.. :)

I wonder if that statement was DJI fulfilling orders to their customers who ordered direct - or does it include fulfilling dealer orders too.

The problem lies more with the person paying over the odds. It's the same with ticket touts, you can kill their little business easily by not paying more than face value.

Reactions: scooot
The problem lies more with the person paying over the odds. It's the same with ticket touts, you can kill their little business easily by not paying more than face value.

True , but it's the sellers market with these things being so rare at the moment . And with Xmas coming up and people wanting them under there tree ... people will pay

To some degree its both but its still more profiteering from a situation and therefore the seller exploiting demand. A reasonable profit is fine - but just yesterday a Mavic Pro sold for £2000 on auction and I have seen people have Buy It Nows as high as £2800.

The same is happening with medicine and drugs for cancer and other serious illnesses. Drug companies suddenly doubling or tripling the previous prices - knowing full well people will die if they don't pay.

Who's fault is that? Drug companies or the individual desperate for life?

The Mavic Pro is not life and death but it is the same type of people exploiting human failings.

To be honest if the Mavic Pro I ordered almost 2 months ago isn't here by late February I may well end up resorting to eBay!

To some degree its both but its still more profiteering from a situation and therefore the seller exploiting demand. A reasonable profit is fine - but just yesterday a Mavic Pro sold for £2000 on auction and I have seen people have Buy It Nows as high as £2800.

The same is happening with medicine and drugs for cancer and other serious illnesses. Drug companies suddenly doubling or tripling the previous prices - knowing full well people will die if they don't pay.

Who's fault is that? Drug companies or the individual desperate for life?

The Mavic Pro is not life and death but it is the same type of people exploiting human failings.

To be honest if the Mavic Pro I ordered almost 2 months ago isn't here by late February I may well end up resorting to eBay!

Nice analogy, but in that case it is where Governments are required to sort it, rather than life being available to those with deepest wallets.

Nice analogy, but in that case it is where Governments are required to sort it, rather than life being available to those with deepest wallets.

At some point all the rich kids will have got their Mavics which will reduce demand. And with increased supply even eBay Mavic's will lower in price at some point - says he hopefully!

no deposit ordering.. interest free credit.. no charge until shipped.. resell for an instant profit when you get one.. no limit on orders taken..

a combination of iffy Chinese business ethics and western consumer stupidly.. all creates an interesting situation thats for sure.. he he

trog

I'm not sure cancer drugs and hobby drones are valid comparisons in any sense..

The eternal supply and demand debate will always be there however whereby those that don't have but want to have may feel deprived. Everything has a price, you just need to convince yourself to pay it depending upon how much you want it.. If you don't want it enough, you won't pay it. :)

that must be it then.. i dont want a mavic enough to ether play the lower price lottery style waiting game or the get one tomorrow double price ebay game..

my mavic order is now canceled and i am waiting for a refund.. i am a little annoyed that i was conned into playing the lottery game in the first place.. i will be a little more careful in future.. he he

i recon that when i get my refund i will seek out a nice condition used P4.. that should meet most of my requirments.. s-d the mavic and the new P4 pro.. one is unobtainable or just too expenisve and the other obtainable but still too expensive.. for me that is.. :)

trog

ps.. i have two refunds coming.. one for the mavic and one for a fancy phone that i recon got nicked as soon as it hit the UK air terminal.. he he

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jose Molina