DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Just reading on DJI Forums, WOW its all Fubar for deliveries... Apple stating 31st December.

I wonder who Amazon are going to use to fulfil our orders due for delivery on 16th November now?? :D
anyone else seen their supplier refund orders? just wondering if this is a real thing, or it it's being used as an excuse by UK Drone Store to refund a load of orders that stood no chance of being fulfilled?

DJI price is still the same on their site, and Amazon do a price match guarantee, so that should stay the same.

Surely DJI had already factored in GBP devaluation when they priced the Mavic in the first place?

I tend to think it may be a good excuse to cancel orders you can't actually or ever would fulfil.

i kind of figured this out a while back.. in one way i am glad my thinking is still up to scratch but in another way its f-cking bad news..

it does seem genuine news though unlike most of what is available.. we have just seen what is a "paper launch".. i still recon its fraud.. but the law dosnt reach as far as china.. he he

trog

me too, but then i'm a cynic, especially where ebay sellers are concerned.

I know DJI are a bit left-field at times, but they understand business well enough, surely, that they can't increase the trade price, whilst keeping the RRP the same, and expect retailers to just swallow a smaller margin. It's just not how supply chain works. If the reason was GBP currency value, the UK list price would have gone up.

i buy lots of stuff from ebay.. dealer type sellers take their feedback reputation seriously.. however the problem here is china.. UK law or any other law to be honest dosnt reach that far.. they do work to different set of rules.. what i consider fraud they consider normal business practice.. he he

i buy also loads of stuff from china but its buyer beware and if you get screwed there is sod all you can do about it..

one thing has change though.. the sh-t value of the pound has made buying directly from china less of a good option.. when it was 2 dollars to the pound it made sense.. now it dosnt..

trog

Reactions: Pablo
i buy lots of stuff from ebay.. dealer type sellers take their feedback reputation seriously.. however the problem here is china.. UK law or any other law to be honest dosnt reach that far.. they do work to different set of rules.. what i consider fraud they consider normal business practice.. he he

i buy also loads of stuff from china but its buyer beware and if you get screwed there is sod all you can do about it..

one thing has change though.. the sh-t value of the pound has made buying directly from china less of a good option.. when it was 2 dollars to the pound it made sense.. now it dosnt..

trog
yeah I wouldn't consider buying something like this direct from China in a million years. You're on your own if there's a problem.

me too, but then i'm a cynic, especially where ebay sellers are concerned.

I know DJI are a bit left-field at times, but they understand business well enough, surely, that they can't increase the trade price, whilst keeping the RRP the same, and expect retailers to just swallow a smaller margin. It's just not how supply chain works. If the reason was GBP currency value, the UK list price would have gone up.

Exactly. I just checked the UK DJI site and it's still for sale at £999.

anyone else seen their supplier refund orders? just wondering if this is a real thing, or it it's being used as an excuse by UK Drone Store to refund a load of orders that stood no chance of being fulfilled?

DJI price is still the same on their site, and Amazon do a price match guarantee, so that should stay the same.

Surely DJI had already factored in GBP devaluation when they priced the Mavic in the first place?

He's a bullshitter, plain and simple.. "UK's No 1 Drone Store, in the top 5 drone stores in the UK, I've ordered 200 Mavics that will be delivered tomorrow" blah.

I'm going to have a chat with Amazon now, see what they've got to say..

quite. forget Chinese fraud, this is only slightly different. Don't take orders that you should know (if you were the UK's No.1 Drone Store) you could not fulfil.

I know ebay sellers are protective of their reputation, and that's why he's come out with the BS about trade price going up, before there's a mutiny.

Happy to be proved wrong, but I don't see any other of the reputable dealers on here saying the same. They're just saying "we're not hearing a peep from DJI, and we're really sorry about the delays".

So the new Amazon supplier for this item is Tech Trial UK Ltd, anybody heard/dealt with them? (still chatting).

quite. forget Chinese fraud, this is only slightly different. Don't take orders that you should know (if you were the UK's No.1 Drone Store) you could not fulfil.

I know ebay sellers are protective of their reputation, and that's why he's come out with the BS about trade price going up, before there's a mutiny.

Happy to be proved wrong, but I don't see any other of the reputable dealers on here saying the same. They're just saying "we're not hearing a peep from DJI, and we're really sorry about the delays".

maybe its the ones that are not saying that are being less than honest.. one thing i am sure of in my own mind is that DJI are the root cause of all this sh-t..

trog

So the new Amazon supplier for this item is Tech Trial UK Ltd, anybody heard/dealt with them? (still chatting).

45 minute chat (how sad am I?). Finally the rep agreed to refer this to their products team to investigate and see whether Tech Trial have actual confirmation of delivery or it's more guesswork and speculation. Don't hold your breath but will report back if I hear anything.. I just don't want to get to next week wondering whether it's going to arrive or not and then be let down again.

It's quite clear that not even the giants like Amazon™ or Apple™ have a clue about delivery.

It's quite clear that not even the giants like Amazon™ or Apple™ have a clue about delivery.

Does DJI have? :)

Some days ago I opened a thread that was closed or banned (i cant find it anymore) that i called "The preparation of a lie"

The maint point was, DJI was not prepared and never intended to sell Mavic now.

Each passing day makes it increasingly clear.

The best we can do with this is trying to have some fun, it's ridiculous. :)

This is the guy I mentioned earlier in this thread who was selling on eBay (sold 41 on there) and won't answer whether his are still due to him on Thursday. He's also the guy that Amazon trusted to supply those of us who ordered Mavics from them that were supposed to be delivered this Friday..

View attachment 739

Interesting that on eBay they sell through a company called INFINNITTI LTD and not Uk Drone Store Ltd. Owned by the same guy but Infinnitti is a small struggling company according to their accounts. UK Drone Store looks like it is being run by his son but a bit worrying that they do not have their Company details on eBay (or VAT number).

I was pleased to see that they shipped the Mavic to one person, or at least they gave positive feedback. Amazed that they managed to get even one before anyone else had received any ???!!!!

Interesting that on eBay they sell through a company called INFINNITTI LTD and not Uk Drone Store Ltd. Owned by the same guy but Infinnitti is a small struggling company according to their accounts. UK Drone Store looks like it is being run by his son but a bit worrying that they do not have their Company details on eBay (or VAT number).

I was pleased to see that they shipped the Mavic to one person, or at least they gave positive feedback. Amazed that they managed to get even one before anyone else had received any ???!!!!

Maybe I have been a bit harsh about this guy, maybe over enthusiasm to make a quick profit took over. Hopefully everybody should get their money back too..

Today's email from DJI:

Dear Customer,

Sorry we currently cannot ensure the delivery date.

Please keep in touch with the seller, and we will update them the latest information.

http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

Thanks.

Best regards.

DJI Sales dept.

发送时间: 2016年11月2日 20:12
收件人: sales
主题: RE: DJI Mavic Pro in the UK.

Thank you for your email.

I have already placed 2 orders with official UK DJI dealers and also one with Amazon EU but nobody knows when you will start shipping to the UK.

A direct order with DJI onlinestore will take many weeks or months as the queue must be very long..

Regards,

Sent: 02 November 2016 12:03
Subject: 答复: DJI Mavic Pro in the UK.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your e-mail.

There are two methods to buy DJI products:

1. DJI offical onlinestore, more question please contact [email protected]:
http://store.dji.com/?site=brandsite

2. Contact the dealer closest to your location for your request.
http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

Thanks.

Best regards.

DJI Sales dept.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid