DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

i know one thing for sure chippie.. the money i coughed up was obtained by deception.. i foolishly assumed the person selling what i bought could actually deliver what i bought.. :)

another old fashioned way i have.. i only sell what i have to sell.. he he

trog

ps.. this is a DJI fanboy forum.. i only dare say what i have just said because i know i am right.. :)

Anyway, much as this might seem like rubbing salt in, that's not my intention at all. Totally appreciate that I've been very fortunate (unusually). Mines arrived and checked over. Built like a mini tank. Not flying today as pouring down but am looking forward to testing the camera for focus issues etc
90250af4660bfcf844968854195a92d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: tgden and Pablo
i know one thing for sure chippie.. the money i coughed up was obtained by deception.. i foolishly assumed the person selling what i bought could actually deliver what i bought.. :)

another old fashioned way i have.. i only sell what i have to sell.. he he

trog
That may be different in your case if the person selling stated it was in hand ready to ship but if it was a pre-order with an "expected" ship date then there is no deception imho. I completely understand peoples frustration but from past experience with DJI and other pre-orders, Kickstarter, indiegogo and countless other products I have invested in I am simply accustomed to delays, a few of them have been up to 14 months lol. It also boils down to communication, which has been really bad on DJI's part this again has led to huge frustration, for example if you knew that your Mavic would defo be shipped on the 2nd December that would be it, likewise if the re-sellers were told that they would definitely receive x Mavics on a set date they could communicate that to their customers but this just has not happened, either way from a legal perspective if someone who has taken your money as still intends to fulfill your order at the first possible opportunity is not committing fraud, well unless as I already said they indicated it was ready to ship.... Fingers crossed for you though buddy! Hope you get one soon!

an "expected" ship date that was completely false chippie.. as far as DJI are concerned i think it was "knowingly" false.. that would be the fraud bit..

but when the crime becomes becomes the norm.. folks no longer see it as a crime.. pretty much the way of the modern world.. :)

trog

there is 1 in apple selfridges london pickup only

Address:Selfridges & Co. (Ground Floor)400 Oxford StreetLondon, W1A 1AB0207 447 1200

With you there if they knowingly did this. Although it did state "expected" that's the get out of jail card lol. I am talking from a legal perspective not moral of course :) It is still not a crime though, it is not morally sound and does not do the Company any favors but it is not fraud as they intend to honor your purchase. As everyone has the choice to cancel the order and get a refund, if you were not able to do this then that would be a different matter but even then as they still intend to fulfill the order it would still not fall under the fraud bracket. It is only fraud if they refuse to deliver your product. Sorry got my legal hat on. Taking it off now :p

there is 1 in apple selfridges london pickup only

Address:Selfridges & Co. (Ground Floor)400 Oxford StreetLondon, W1A 1AB0207 447 1200
Where did you find this? Shows as no pickup when searching on apple site

i typed in a postcode and showed available for pickup so i phoned the number and they won't deliver but they did have it there not combo

a few people in the US have walked into an Apple store and ask the guy behind the counter.. have you any mavics.. the lucky ones have walked away with a mavic.. the pattern seems to be just a few sent out at random in all directions..

these things are shipping but in very very small numbers.. most folks are assuming that sooner or later they will receive there mavic.. call me a pessimist but i am assuming no such thing.. what i see is as yet 95% of pre-orders not being fulfilled..

what i see is a possible refund and cancellation of all orders taken.. come back next year for the mavic mk 2 when dJI can do it properly.. it would be the easiest option once DJI admit they dont stand a hope in hell of catching up.. :)

we are talking a damage limitation exercise.. anything is possible..

trog

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_