DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

I'm delighted to announce that finally after almost 2 months I recieved today a shiny new battery.

Unfortunately the necessary receptacle for it has not yet appeared.

Mine's here and on charge anyway (RC Geeks).
Most striking thing is the lunch-box size cardboard box.
The Mavic itself is kind of how you expect, it's a solid little thing - heavier than it looks.

Gimbal clamp was in place.
I found it easier to take off and remove than the P3 - but take extreme care at first, noting ribbon cable behind camera is very close to where clamp slides in.
Will connect to phone and do updates this evening - maybe fly briefly tomorrow, it was gorgeous today.

Edit - no updates needed all current.
No sign of soft focus at the side etc.

Last edited:
Update from Tech Trial UK and I didn't have to chase for one

Good Afternoon and Happy Friday! We are just ma...

eBay
New message from: techtrialukltd Top Rated Seller(1,254Red Star)
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday!

We are just making contact to advise that we have absolutely not forgotten about you and are still speaking with our Suppliers on a daily basis regards the embarrassingly delayed DJI Mavic - we are so very frustrated by this delay and will of course have the item with you as soon as they are available to suppliers.

At this stage we are still being advise early December and will update further as soon as we are able. Refunds can be requested at any stage before dispatch.

With many thanks for your patience and understanding,

TechTrialUKLtd

I'm delighted to announce that finally after almost 2 months I recieved today a shiny new battery.

Unfortunately the necessary receptacle for it has not yet appeared.

Same here. When I bought my Phantom 3 Pro when it first launched it was the other way round - getting the drone was not too much hassle or delay. But I had to fly on one battery for months.

Way better than being able to get batteries but no drone!

RCGeeks have finally received a few and mine should be here tomorrow.
This was ordered 28th September - with extra battery (not sure if that's coming yet)
4WD - i ordered from rc geeks on 6th october.
did they send you an email when they allocated yours and sent it out?
ta mark

My order was 28th September so probably their first batch.
They sent an email it was on it's way the day they got them, and it arrived (Interlink with one hour window) next day within 24 hours of email.

Spoke with Heliguy, who I'm happy to stick with. They sent a small number out this week, expecting 15 or more next week and larger numbers ongoing. I ordered on the 28th Sept and I'm 40-something on the list so should get mine in the next couple of weeks.

I feel sorry for you those who still waiting , all I can say is stick with it , frustrating as it is , it's
really worth waiting on , great little drone , I have quite a few others from a Yuneec 4K an H and Inspire 1 P3 P4
and a few assorted others , one guess which one has been getting taken out flying while the others sit on the shelf.

Reactions: Pedro and Jim.....
Spoke with Heliguy, who I'm happy to stick with. They sent a small number out this week, expecting 15 or more next week and larger numbers ongoing. I ordered on the 28th Sept and I'm 40-something on the list so should get mine in the next couple of weeks.

Good to hear they are finally getting some - I think you should have yours by Christmas. I'm 500 approx in the list so assuming they start getting double their first order every week mine should be here in 4 months - shortly after Easter. But I left it late and didn't order until 7th Oct. I pity any one who orders now!

Gimbal clamp wasn't in place on mine but all seems well. Just updating the firmware now and I have to say that this thing is excellent build quality and quite heavy.

I got the impression that the Karma looked and felt like a tonka toy but this thing looks and feels like a high end piece of kit.

Wouldn't surprise me if it takes them a while to build each one looking at the complexity of the components

Reactions: mikeroycollins
More UK footage. Bit challenging as it was quite windy. I was so pleased with the footage right off the camera but my editing and export plus YouTube seems to have messed it right up.
Then I see uptowndisco's footage which is drop dead gorgeous. Seems I have a lot to learn.

Here in Southern Ireland my DJI store is getting ONE. Yes ONE. That's a dealer. I'm a lost cause and too boot my P3 is in for RMA. Tears is sadness and drone withdrawal syndrome. [emoji31][emoji31]

Fly safe and within the law. Protect our hobby... [emoji482]

I feel sorry for you those who still waiting , all I can say is stick with it , frustrating as it is , it's
really worth waiting on , great little drone , I have quite a few others from a Yuneec 4K an H and Inspire 1 P3 P4
and a few assorted others , one guess which one has been getting taken out flying while the others sit on the shelf.

Great footage! You got sun and snow too!

I'm curious about 2 things on the Mavic.

1) Is it any quieter than the DJI Phantom 3?

2) Given its shorter legs than the DJI Phantom 3 - how does it cope with longer, rough grass? No problem for the Phantom 3 but I'm wondering if I need a launch pad for the Mavic. I often fly from places where there is no nice smooth tarmac!

Last edited:
1) Is it any quieter than the DJI Phantom 3?

2) Given its shorter legs than the DJI Phantom 3 - how does it cope with longer, rough grass? No problem for the Phantom 3 but I'm wondering if I need a launch pad for the Mavic. I often fly from places like Dartmoor and Cornwall coast - where there is no nice smooth tarmac!

1) It's significantly quieter, it seems a more steady tone too, though that would be partly due to near calm conditions this morning.

2) it doesn't want to be anywhere near long grass, clearance is almost zero for the camera and sensors underneath - which don't want dirt or moisture on them - and if the gimbal touches anything it might be badly affected.

Unless there's a flat hard surface or bowling green lawn you need a mat or something like a draughts board (?) to lay out, and at least consider hand catch on return - I found it easy enough.
You need a bigger flat spot than the phantom too because it sits on the end of the arms not just the central legs.
Hand launching is possibly a bit easier than the P3 and worth considering.

Reactions: DirkGently
1) It's significantly quieter, it seems a more steady tone too, though that would be partly due to near calm conditions this morning.

2) it doesn't want to be anywhere near long grass, clearance is almost zero for the camera and sensors underneath - which don't want dirt or moisture on them - and if the gimbal touches anything it might be badly affected.

Unless there's a flat hard surface or bowling green lawn you need a mat or something like a draughts board (?) to lay out, and at least consider hand catch on return - I found it easy enough.
You need a bigger flat spot than the phantom too because it sits on the end of the arms not just the central legs.
Hand launching is possibly a bit easier than the P3 and worth considering.

Thanks for the info. I'd considered whether hand launching and landing were possible but wasn't sure how easy this was. I wondered if the the object avoidance sensors would kick in.

I'd also looked in to some sort of light weight landing/take off pad. Don't want it to be heavy as defeats the point of the Mavic being light to carry. Maybe even a pad like this:

OMM Duomat 45 folding sleeping mat | Ultralight Outdoor Gear

Could work and is pretty light to carry and small to pack.

I think buying something special is overkill, a bit of cardboard box would do, but something which rolled up would be nice.
Most of us could probably find something round the house might work.
I have seen something like a foldable trivet for launching seemed an interesting off beat idea.

First quick go - nothing exciting.
Turn that sharpening down it's way OTT if the sun is out.

It is superbly stable in flight.

Nice! Very smooth.

One thing little mentioned is still image quality - I guess its identical to the DJI Phantom 3. But if you do get chance to post a full size photo....

Reactions: mikeroycollins
I always work with RAW, like the video it benefits from careful tweaks but not bad really considering harsh light.

30441750333_695c6c24d9_o.jpg

Nice! Very smooth.

One thing little mentioned is still image quality - I guess its identical to the DJI Phantom 3. But if you do get chance to post a full size photo....
I always work with RAW, like the video it benefits from careful tweaks but not bad really considering harsh light.

30441750333_695c6c24d9_o.jpg

Thanks for posting this, looks awesome!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne