DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Guys I know this is not the right place to post this, but I just wanted to show off the 3rd ever video taken with my Mavic. I'm in Japan for work and was lucky enough to go visit Mount Fuji and surroundings.
I have mine now thanks to Richard-Mavic, but if you're still waiting hold tight because this thing is amazing.

ps. Forgive potato quality, this is an upload of the cached version stored on my phone.

I'm not sure cancer drugs and hobby drones are valid comparisons in any sense..

The eternal supply and demand debate will always be there however whereby those that don't have but want to have may feel deprived. Everything has a price, you just need to convince yourself to pay it depending upon how much you want it.. If you don't want it enough, you won't pay it. :)

Cancer drugs are of course way, way more important. A drone is a luxury item and far from being necessary and you can simply choose to not buy one.

But my point is some people will mercilessly exploit a situation for massive financial gain. Which is what £2800 and £8000 - some of the prices I've seen the Mavic for in the last month - are.

Is it morally right to make those sort of profits? I think that comes down to the persons individual morals really.

I don't believe it is - but your views may well differ.

Anyway this thread is for those still hoping for a Mavic some time in the future - not a debate on ethics!

that must be it then.. i dont want a mavic enough to ether play the lower price lottery style waiting game or the get one tomorrow double price ebay game..

my mavic order is now canceled and i am waiting for a refund.. i am a little annoyed that i was conned into playing the lottery game in the first place.. i will be a little more careful in future.. he he

i recon that when i get my refund i will seek out a nice condition used P4.. that should meet most of my requirments.. s-d the mavic and the new P4 pro.. one is unobtainable or just too expenisve and the other obtainable but still too expensive.. for me that is.. :)

trog

ps.. i have two refunds coming.. one for the mavic and one for a fancy phone that i recon got nicked as soon as it hit the UK air terminal.. he he

I'm sorry to hear you've cancelled. I'm sure sometime next year Mavics will be come easily available. I certainly wouldn't be happy someone holding £1000+ of money for an unspecified period.

To some degree its both but its still more profiteering from a situation and therefore the seller exploiting demand. A reasonable profit is fine - but just yesterday a Mavic Pro sold for £2000 on auction and I have seen people have Buy It Nows as high as £2800.

The same is happening with medicine and drugs for cancer and other serious illnesses. Drug companies suddenly doubling or tripling the previous prices - knowing full well people will die if they don't pay.

Who's fault is that? Drug companies or the individual desperate for life?

The Mavic Pro is not life and death but it is the same type of people exploiting human failings.

To be honest if the Mavic Pro I ordered almost 2 months ago isn't here by late February I may well end up resorting to eBay!

Don't do that - I'll probably change my mind and sell you mine - for a hefty profit, obviously. Mavic or holiday....hmmmmm.....

Cancer drugs are of course way, way more important. A drone is a luxury item and far from being necessary and you can simply choose to not buy one.

But my point is some people will mercilessly exploit a situation for massive financial gain. Which is what £2800 and £8000 - some of the prices I've seen the Mavic for in the last month - are.

Is it morally right to make those sort of profits? I think that comes down to the persons individual morals really.

I don't believe it is - but your views may well differ.

Anyway this thread is for those still hoping for a Mavic some time in the future - not a debate on ethics!

We live in a capitalist society so of course it's morally right to make profit on such things, it's a drone for heaven's sake not cancer drugs. If people have are willing to pay a premium for something that is in short supply, what on earth is wrong with that? This isn't exploitation as that implies an unwillingness to be involved, people are willingly paying a premium. This principle has been the case since time immemorial and always will be..

We live in a capitalist society so of course it's morally right to make profit on such things, it's a drone for heaven's sake not cancer drugs. If people have are willing to pay a premium for something that is in short supply, what on earth is wrong with that? This isn't exploitation as that implies an unwillingness to be involved, people are willingly paying a premium. This principle has been the case since time immemorial and always will be..

I'm really pleased you have your drone and ok sure you don't agree £8000 is ripping people off. Fine - we'll have to agree to disagree.

But can we keep this thread for people who don't have Mavic's and want to get updates on deliveries, where to buy them and that sort of thing.

If you want to start a separate thread on the issue that's fine.

I'm really pleased you have your drone and ok sure you don't agree £8000 is ripping people off. Fine - we'll have to agree to disagree.

But can we keep this thread for people who don't have Mavic's and want to get updates on deliveries, where to buy them and that sort of thing.

Get a grip man! It wasn't me who raised the issue of 'exploitation', I was merely replying to your posts. So now I don't agree with your point of view, you want me to go away.. :)

my only advice to someone thinking about ordering a mavic now is.. dont..

people who placed very early pre-ordered may still stand a chance of actually getting a mavic.. anyone else stands little or no chance of actually getting one..

a while back i would have said mass cancellations would keep the system functional.. now we have the ebay flip for a nice profit entering the equation that aint gonna happen.. i do think the end result will be mavics taken off the market with large refunds to dealers issued.. i dont see any other way this insane situation can end..

the ball pretty much is in DJIs court..

trog

Don't do that - I'll probably change my mind and sell you mine - for a hefty profit, obviously. Mavic or holiday....hmmmmm.....

Maybe you could see

I would - see if you can get £10,000 for it. I'm thinking about setting up a restaurant and paying less than minimum wage - whilst charging £60 for a starter. Its good capitalism you know
my only advice to someone thinking about ordering a mavic now is.. dont..

people who placed very early pre-ordered may still stand a chance of actually getting a mavic.. anyone else stands little or no chance of actually getting one..

a while back i would have said mass cancellations would keep the system functional.. now we have the ebay flip for a nice profit entering the equation that aint gonna happen.. i do think the end result will be mavics taken off the market with large refunds to dealers issued.. i dont see any other way this insane situation can end..

the ball pretty much is in DJIs court..

trog

It'll only end once DJI significantly ups production. Once it becomes much easier to obtain a Mavic, eBay prices will become more reasonable.

At the moment its the case of way too many people chasing far too few Mavics. Currently its a pretty unique product - if only there was an alternative. Portable but with a great camera. I've looked and looked and there's just nothing in the same league - for now anyway.

I wonder has anybody received a Mavic from HeliGuy yet? If so when did you order and was it a combo or standard?

I would also like to know about Heliguy and have just asked them for an update by email. Their usual response is unhelpful so not holding out too much hope.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

"!t'll only end once DJI significantly ups production."

i dont think doing that is possible.. if they could they would.. lets be real here they have everything to gain by increasing production.. so i repeat if they could they would..

which leaves the only other option.. stop taking orders for stuff they cannot supply.. this is one thing they can do..

trog

The best info I could find was this:

DJI Mavic Shipping Data

Not very much shipping to the UK so far. Obviously this is only a small percentage of actual people who ordered a Mavic but does include various UK retailers - other spreadsheets I've seen only include USA retailers.

I'm sure everyone else who ordered from HeliGuy will just have had an email update.

"We've now started to receive Mavic shipments from DJI and have begun shipping units to our customers. All pre-orders will be shipped out in chronological order according to when they were placed.
We are receiving another shipment tomorrow...."

I gave HeliGuy a call just now and their first batch which arrived last week was a batch of 3 Mavics. Yup - 3! Not 30, not 300 - but a measly 3!

They currently have 400 pre-orders ( there's been a few cancellations so the list is getting shorter! )

Obviously they are hoping that the next batches to arrive will be more than 3!

At 3 a week it'll be over 2 and a half years to clear the backlog!

And that's assuming its 3 a week every week to clear 400 pre-orders. If some weeks they get none we'd be talking 3 or 4 years.

Anyway all we can hope is DJI start shipping bigger batches than 3......

heliguy.png

Hi,

We've now started to receive Mavic shipments from DJI and have begun shipping units to our customers. All pre-orders will be shipped out in chronological order according to when they were placed.

We are receiving another shipment tomorrow which will clear the next group of pre-orders and we are pressuring DJI every day to fulfil the orders that we placed with them the instant the Mavic was announced.

The number of Mavics in each shipment appears to be increasing, so as a company we're hoping that the trickle of units we're current receiving each week will turn into larger deliveries of units over the coming weeks.

The whole team at Heliguy are thankful for your continued patience throughout these Mavic delays - it's been extremely frustrating for us as a company to have our customers disappointed by something out of our control.

We'll still be making the effort to contact you as and when any updates are available regarding your specific order, so please keep your eyes open for emails from us.

If you have any other questions at all, feel free to email [email protected] or call 0191 296 1024

Kind Regards,

Team Heliguy

heliguy.png

Hi,

We've now started to receive Mavic shipments from DJI and have begun shipping units to our customers. All pre-orders will be shipped out in chronological order according to when they were placed.

We are receiving another shipment tomorrow which will clear the next group of pre-orders and we are pressuring DJI every day to fulfil the orders that we placed with them the instant the Mavic was announced.

The number of Mavics in each shipment appears to be increasing, so as a company we're hoping that the trickle of units we're current receiving each week will turn into larger deliveries of units over the coming weeks.

The whole team at Heliguy are thankful for your continued patience throughout these Mavic delays - it's been extremely frustrating for us as a company to have our customers disappointed by something out of our control.

We'll still be making the effort to contact you as and when any updates are available regarding your specific order, so please keep your eyes open for emails from us.

If you have any other questions at all, feel free to email [email protected] or call 0191 296 1024

Kind Regards,

Team Heliguy

A glimmer of hope..:( I can't get excited yet.

Last edited:
the hope fueled optimism seen here is remarkable.. unless heliguy (or anyone else for that matter) quote the actual numbers they are receiving or have so far received from DJI its all meaningless..

"The number of Mavics in each shipment appears to be increasing, so as a company we're hoping that the trickle of units we're current receiving each week will turn into larger deliveries of units over the coming weeks."

two words stand out here.. trickle and hoping.. he he

trog

Trog, as you have now cancelled yours, I'm sure those that haven't would appreciate you not p@@@ing on everyone's chips every time someone comes up with something vaguely positive[emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: Pricey and teslar
As you have now cancelled yours, I'm sure those that haven't would appreciate you not p@@@ing on everyone's chips every time someone comes up with something positive[emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

While it is good news, HeliGuy's shipment of three Mavic's is not exactly causing me to crack open the champagne and do a dance. I'm really hoping tomorrow will bring better news and they get a meatier shipment - 50 would be nice. Another shipment of 3 is not exactly going to shift the backlog ASAP.

I'm sure HeliGuy is fed up of me phoning. Perhaps someone else might contact them tomorrow or Thursday to find out what their latest shipment is. 50 would give me hope! 3 will just be depressing!

Reactions: Wacker2611
I placed my order 29 September and am number 66 in the queue. They just replied that they hope to deliver within the next 4-5 weeks.
Also went into Apple Store on Regents Street today. They had not heard of the Mavic and thought that they would not be stocking it.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_