DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Thanks Whacker and Chippie. My birthday is in March, so I might look at getting one then. Not too far away really. At least I'm not checking my order every day now! :D

My dog seems to be on the road to recovery anyway, which is the main thing Thumbswayup

I'm very pleased to hear that - I'd be devastated if something happened to my dog - its like losing a family member - though I suspect only dog owners would understand this.

Enjoy the calm of not worrying about your order status!

Reactions: Pablo
I'm intrigued too - my order with Amazon UK was 29th Oct - would be good to know if I'm going to see it this side of Easter.

Looking back through his previous posts I think his order was 6th Oct.

Mine was 27th Oct. Its impossible to know when mine - and shortly after - yours will arrive. We'd need to know how many orders are before us and how many Amazon are getting each week.

I doubt Amazon will tell you that but if you do find out let me know!

I'm going on holiday at Easter so would dearly love to have mine by then. Well ideally 2 weeks before so I can figure out how to use it first.

I have absolutely no idea if that's going to happen!

Just to add another data point, I also ordered a Fly More package through Amazon On Oct 26. After contacting them a couple of weeks ago, they gave me a canned response referring me to DJI's earlier public announcement about delays. I also have a Prime membership, but that doesn't make any difference.

Well I did a bit digging with my Very.co.uk order as I wanted to know who the supplier actually was as I wasn't confident it was straight from DJI.

Anyway turns out it's a Company called Data Select. Looks like a tech supply chain company.

Tempted to send them an email as well.

77d913fae81fd4b6024d21eb689cb839.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Done some research on Data Select. Peter Jones owns them, he also owns Jessops. My guess is Data Select are supplying Jessops and Very. So imagine Data Select have a huge order in!

Thanks Whacker and Chippie. My birthday is in March, so I might look at getting one then. Not too far away really. At least I'm not checking my order every day now! :D

My dog seems to be on the road to recovery anyway, which is the main thing Thumbswayup

Good to hear about your dog... My dog lost her battle with CA 4 months ago and I know how it feels like when your dog is not well. Hoping for your dog's continuous recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Others seems to dislike to have been ordered on DJI direct but I have seen a post that direct order from Oct 16 has been shipped few days ago. I ordered on the same date from Jessops and all I get is frustration and uncertainty. [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Rw21 I ordered on the 4th from Jessops so it's clearly not first come first serve. However I ordered he regular mavic + spare battery and it seems like fly more bundles are getting dispatched sooner

Just phoned Maplins on 0333 400 9500 and was told they were hoping to get some in by xmas or if not before 28/01/17 so i ordered the fly more.

Allegedly they have completed their preorders.

Just phoned Maplins on 0333 400 9500 and was told they were hoping to get some in by xmas or if not before 28/01/17 so i ordered the fly more.

Wow - either they didn't have many pre-orders or DJI sent them trailer loads of Mavics!

Gives me hope that maybe my Amazon pre-order from Oct might get fulfilled in the next month or so.

What price are Maplins charging now? Everyone seems to have upped there prices :(

Have you seen the last post on dji forum "Mavic ordered via jessops UK" thread.

It was posted 2 hours ago
Claimed he called them today and was told they are still clearing orders from first week in Oct.

Does anyone know the reality around all this. I ordered in Middle of Oct from Wex and have had a few updates from them.
They like all dealers are in the dark and don't know what's arriving or when.

At the time, I held off for a few weeks as I didn't want it to arrive when I was out of the country on business at the end of Oct. Who's the mug now?

Rung Maplins yesterday and ordered a fly more combo and was told they have stock coming this Friday and I may get one if they get the numbers DJI have told them they are getting.
They did say they can't guarantee me getting on before xmas, but this is more info I have had from both the pre-orders I have placed before so I'm happy.

I placed an order for the Fly More with Very.co.uk on 4th Nov. They promised to only take payment on dispatch. Payment has been taken this morning, so fingers crossed for delivery soon, though Very online still showing delivery 16th Jan.

Reactions: karlak
I placed an order for the Fly More with Very.co.uk on 4th Nov. They promised to only take payment on dispatch. Payment has been taken this morning, so fingers crossed for delivery soon, though Very online still showing delivery 16th Jan.

Sounds promising - let us know if they dispatch.

wow, fingers crossed for you mate but i'd be pissed if very did ship yours, I ordered from them on the 15th October and not heard sweet FA from them since. Just automatic date slippages and nothing else :( If they hit me with another slippage post January then i'm pulling the plug full stop and waiting for whatever itteration comes next. Hopefully someone other than DJI will step up to the mark, show that crappy company how to do it right.

Reactions: DirkGently
wow, fingers crossed for you mate but i'd be pissed if very did ship yours, I ordered from them on the 15th October and not heard sweet FA from them since. Just automatic date slippages and nothing else :( If they hit me with another slippage post January then i'm pulling the plug full stop and waiting for whatever itteration comes next. Hopefully someone other than DJI will step up to the mark, show that crappy company how to do it right.

Given DJI often go for 6 month refresh cycles - April is when the Mavic Pro 2 would be announced - around the time some of the later pre-orders are finished!

On the plus side there'd be a mass sale on eBay of bargain Mavic 1's while every one pre-orders the Mavic 2!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1