DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Well after cancelling my DJI order and replacing the order with DR it just arrived via UPS in just 4 days :) (Fly more package), Now to check the seemingly large list of possible problems it could have!

Attachments

• dr.jpg
    dr.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 60
Look what DPD has just Delivered :) Ordered on the 17th January View attachment 5354 View attachment 5355
ordered my flymore with filters and dji care on 14th and guess what.............nothing, 10 business days my arse!! waited since October with Drones direct, cancelled that because of promise of 10 business days direct with DJI. Not a happy bunny!
Bloody furious in fact.
And rest.... rant over, weather looks rubbish for a while anyway.

I have flown many times over Pevensey Bay and there isn't a NFZ there. Only seen the odd low flying Chinook from time to time, they seem to favour flying inland over Herstmonceux more. Once every few months kind of thing.

The one big NFZ to look out for is mentioned on noflydrones.co.uk (but not DJI's app) and that's the Space Geodesy Facility. It's a very large laser attached to a telescope that tracks the locations of Satellites. It's run by NERC and operates all year round. The laser is situated within the estate of Herstmonceux Castle. You can't fly over the private estate without permission from the Castle anyway, so stay away from that general area and you'll be fine!

Thanks for your advice adminkatana. I saw the laser warnings on 'altitude angels' (another great app) and would of course avoid that region. I took a drive down through Pevensey levels and Normans bay this weekend and the expanse of unpopulated coastline ... looks ok to me and having read all the info I can there does not appear to be a drone limitation.... or any reason for one. That said the weather wasn't conducive due to high winds so I remain an altitude virgin despite having my wonder machine at the ready. It will be a couple of weeks before I'm back down there so just researching a few inland areas nearer home south of the Gatwick no fly zone and am thinking ditchling area... if you have any other suggestions near the a23 corridor I'd be very grateful. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Well after cancelling my DJI order and replacing the order with DR it just arrived via UPS in just 4 days :) (Fly more package), Now to check the seemingly large list of possible problems it could have!

What's all the issues that exist?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm just in the process of returning my 1 week old Mavic from DR to the European repair center in the netherlands for gimbal warnings and jelly video. apart from the utter dissapointment that I have to send my loooong awaited mavic back and its going to miss a trip to the alps this week, up to now Ive had no issues with customer care or from where I bought my mavic.. why would there be, they are all from the same factory!?
I hear turn around is less than 6 working days from the Netherlands

Yeah !!, Just had a call to say that my Mavic Pro Combo is being delivered tomorrow !!,
GOOD OL "BUZZFLYER" !!!
knew I could count on yer !!
LOL, what's the weather like here tomorrow !, manual read !.
P.S. If anyone living in East Anglia is looking for a Mavic Combo, they are showing on the website
www.buzzflyer.co.uk
as "IN STOCK"

Not for long , I bet !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: cheekymonkeyman
Yeah !!, Just had a call to say that my Mavic Pro Combo is being delivered tomorrow !!,
GOOD OL "BUZZFLYER" !!!
knew I could count on yer !!
LOL, what's the weather like here tomorrow !, manual read !.
P.S. If anyone living in East Anglia is looking for a Mavic Combo, they are showing on the website
www.buzzflyer.co.uk
as "IN STOCK"

Not for long , I bet !!!!

Not long at all , now says pre order then goes to 404 no page found.
Guess you got to be lightening fast

Reactions: Ceejay
Not long at all , now says pre order then goes to 404 no page found.
Guess you got to be lightening fast
NAA!, you need to click on the MAVIC in the Menu list to the left hand side, you are right, if you click LOGO on front page, you will get what you said,
I just checked, and are defo in stock !!
They obviously have problem with that section of the webpage.

Thanks for your advice adminkatana. I saw the laser warnings on 'altitude angels' (another great app) and would of course avoid that region. I took a drive down through Pevensey levels and Normans bay this weekend and the expanse of unpopulated coastline ... looks ok to me and having read all the info I can there does not appear to be a drone limitation.... or any reason for one. That said the weather wasn't conducive due to high winds so I remain an altitude virgin despite having my wonder machine at the ready. It will be a couple of weeks before I'm back down there so just researching a few inland areas nearer home south of the Gatwick no fly zone and am thinking ditchling area... if you have any other suggestions near the a23 corridor I'd be very grateful. Thanks again!

Ditchling Beacon and Devils Dyke are fine to fly at, you'll occasionally see a glider or two from Ringmer running past and of course loads of paragliders at the Dyke when there's a northerly blowing.. Stanmer Park is fine too as is Waterhall both of which are close to the A23 near Brighton. :)

Ditchling Beacon and Devils Dyke are fine to fly at, you'll occasionally see a glider or two from Ringmer running past and of course loads of paragliders at the Dyke when there's a northerly blowing.. Stanmer Park is fine too as is Waterhall both of which are close to the A23 near Brighton. :)

Brilliant advice. 2 more to add to my list - thank you!

so guys between here and the official DJI forum it looks like people who have ordered in the UK in the last week are getting there mavic in UNDER 5 days from order to arrival via official DJI website. looks like they have some in a warehouse in reading apparently so if you are still waiting give it a go if you have been waiting months until now. Just a heads up hope this helps someone.

FFS. here we go. I sent my long awaited brand new out of the box mavic back to DJI for assessment for gimble and jello issues and just recieved a qote for £266 to repair.................!??! WTF! I had read that DJI service was utter shite but never believed it, oh how I do now. they have said that I can use one of my DJI refresh options for £80 but screw that, its never been crashed or damaged in any way so why should I!! I can see this being a long and drawn out argument.. not happy at all

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer