DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic dropped to the ground after auto takeoff

Stop whining. You can't take off with one hand, either way. As if it's too much work to raise the throttle and pay attention to what you're doing.
It's obviously less about auto take off then having this thing hurt somebody or destroyed. I can whine all I want I spent good money on this thing!?!

I mean I guess haha. It is pretty bleeding edge though and I get it. When the PlayStation Vita was released all the first batches had screen blotch problems with their OLEDs and I was one of the first among many who received two defective units..I just think there should be better testing before releasing a product that could potentially cause damage or personal injury. All this talk about "fly aways" and toilet death spins is making me second guess although I have mine still on preorder with an extra batt. And will see so for myself.

My best advice to new guys is take it out of the box . . slowly . . . and fly it . . . slowly . . .for several flights and just use functions one at a time and forget the camera features till you master the ALL the modes . . practice switching from one mode to the next when you plan to so that you can do it quickly and correctly when you DON'T plan to. I don't do compass swings in parking lots or near fences or beaches. . . and I don't use automatic modes for routine functions like take-off or land (thank goodness by the sounds of some folks surprises) . . but I often test RTS just to give me confidence it will do what I expect . . so far so good

My best advice to new guys is take it out of the box . . slowly . . . and fly it . . . slowly . . .for several flights and just use functions one at a time and forget the camera features till you master the ALL the modes . . practice switching from one mode to the next when you plan to so that you can do it quickly and correctly when you DON'T plan to. I don't do compass swings in parking lots or near fences or beaches. . . and I don't use automatic modes for routine functions like take-off or land (thank goodness by the sounds of some folks surprises) . . but I often test RTS just to give me confidence it will do what I expect . . so far so good
I am new but my main concern is the bug in the firmware or app ?

I am new but my main concern is the bug in the firmware or app ?

Fly some older low tech model for a while, till you see everything is cool and nobody is complaining about odd behavior . . . . or . . just jump in with the rest of us here . . keep your firmware up to date . . .and expect some odd behavior.

Fly some older low tech model for a while, till you see everything is cool and nobody is complaining about odd behavior . . . . or . . just jump in with the rest of us here . . keep your firmware up to date . . .and expect some odd behavior.
Not for nothin but you don't feel just a little ticked off by the fact that you're purchasing an expensive item and not getting what was advertised? RTH is not a high tech feature it's been around for a while and in standard models?

Not for nothin but you don't feel just a little ticked off by the fact that you're purchasing an expensive item and not getting what was advertised? RTH is not a high tech feature it's been around for a while and in standard models?

No . . I've pretty much accepted that this whole series of developments in firmware and cameras are risky and my money and patience are on DJI . . . the others may exceed their capabilities someday on some individual capability . . but for now there are millions of software validation flights underway by the early adopters like you and me . . .and at this point in development, no other company has the horsepower or the flight experience to do any better.

You can either participate with that in mind or just watch from the sidelines. If you're not an early adopter then I expect you'll wait till we've gone to another level before you "invest".

For me . . I take early adoption as just part of the game . . . and I'll never blame DJI for not satisfying "Mass Market" demands for perfection, at this stage.

ps RTH is just a feature of one mode . . the whole firmware/software integration of a set of amazing flight modes can only be validated through extensive flight testing. . . by early adopters

No . . I've pretty much accepted that this whole series of developments in firmware and cameras are risky and my money and patience are on DJI . . . the others may exceed their capabilities someday on some individual capability . . but for now there are millions of software validation flights underway by the early adopters like you and me . . .and at this point in development, no other company has the horsepower or the flight experience to do any better.

You can either participate with that in mind or just watch from the sidelines. If you're not an early adopter then I expect you'll wait till we've gone to another level before you "invest".

For me . . I take early adoption as just part of the game . . . and I'll never blame DJI for not satisfying "Mass Market" demands for perfection, at this stage.

ps RTH is just a feature of one mode . . the whole firmware/software integration of a set of amazing flight modes can only be validated through extensive flight testing. . . by early adopters
Are you some kind of spokesperson for dji? haha merry christmas hopefully I will be messin with my mavic soon!

Are you some kind of spokesperson for dji? haha merry christmas hopefully I will be messin with my mavic soon!

HAHAHA! . . . yea they should be paying me . . or giving me a free Mavic or something . . . .I'm no spokesperson but an obvious supporter I guess . . just traded my P4 for a Mavic and a P4Pro+ . . neither here for Christmas so . . . . I'll have to be satisfied with watching YouTube videos of all the mayhem from people who got them already . . . and some inspiring video too.

Merry Christmas to ALL!
upload_2016-12-24_15-45-45.png

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madejow95