DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Enterprise stolen?

waitwhat84

Reactions
I talked with the guy selling the drone on marketplace. He’s asking for 2,200 for a package that costs up to 6,500. He said that he has the drone because his “dad was a diver”. Nothing makes sense why he would have this sort of drone and know nothing about it. I imagine it’s been stolen.
Located in southeast NC with the serial number of FA3M7WHXPC

Reactions: Rich_fpv
could be a scammer too that just cloned another person sale and dropped the price. I was watching a M3 fly more on ebay with a bright orange hard case. it sold for a decent price close to retail and shortly after i saw the exact same pics on one for sale on Offerup for a 1/4 of the cost

Would he had it because he was a diver make you think he found it under water 🤔

I talked with the guy selling the drone on marketplace. He’s asking for 2,200 for a package that costs up to 6,500. He said that he has the drone because his “dad was a diver”. Nothing makes sense why he would have this sort of drone and know nothing about it. I imagine it’s been stolen.
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Could be legit. The price is around the price being asked.

Reactions: dirkclod
could be a scammer too that just cloned another person sale and dropped the price. I was watching a M3 fly more on ebay with a bright orange hard case. it sold for a decent price close to retail and shortly after i saw the exact same pics on one for sale on Offerup for a 1/4 of the cost
I saw the same thing on offerup I actually spoke to the guy he wanted me to make him an offer I told him 650 for a mavic cina 3 he says thats fair I went to eBay to see if it was on there it was for 1775 the same add unreal thank God I didn't fall for it i reported the add to offerup thay said thay would look into it it's still there

I would think that it depends if it is the zoom model or the advanced model. The zoom on drone nerds about 2500 new and the advanced about 6500

I bought my M2Z on eBay for under $700 and not only was it as new DJI allowed me to buy the Refresh on it. While others are selling the same for ~$1,000. Maybe the one referenced is stolen from a Best Buy or maybe not… people sell things for various reasons, especially online. Ex’es selling their ex’es stuff, people need money for various reasons, etc. verify the serial activation, I checked the one provided here it appears to not be real.

I've combed through eBay for drone related content for the last 6 months pretty intensely so I've started to get a sense for what is an amazing deal and what is probably a scam.

I saw a Mavic 3 Enterprise complete kit for something like $2000USD. But the seller had only sold 4 items, and those were for things like cell phone cases. Plus the account was not even a year old.

My worry with something like that would be a stolen/locked drone OR they simply take your money and disappear without shipping anything.

That said, My RC Pro, Mavic 3 and Mini Pro 3 all came from eBay sellers for great prices and I have DJI Care on them.

Reactions: GFields
I've combed through eBay for drone related content for the last 6 months pretty intensely so I've started to get a sense for what is an amazing deal and what is probably a scam.

I saw a Mavic 3 Enterprise complete kit for something like $2000USD. But the seller had only sold 4 items, and those were for things like cell phone cases. Plus the account was not even a year old.

My worry with something like that would be a stolen/locked drone OR they simply take your money and disappear without shipping anything.

That said, My RC Pro, Mavic 3 and Mini Pro 3 all came from eBay sellers for great prices and I have DJI Care on them.
From personal experience, I wouldn't worry about getting my money back from eBay. From selling experience, eBay is extremely "biased" towards the buyers in all cases. That's why eBay sellers are getting scammed more and more often and is also a reason I've sort of retired from that business.

From personal experience, I wouldn't worry about getting my money back from eBay. From selling experience, eBay is extremely "biased" towards the buyers in all cases. That's why eBay sellers are getting scammed more and more often and is also a reason I've sort of retired from that business.
Sorry to hear that you have had some bad experiences with buying on eBay. That is the exception, not the rule. eBay has excellent buyer protection.

Sellers couldn't sell without buyers, and buyers wouldn't buy without buyers' protection. So, it's a two-way street.

Sorry to hear that you have had some bad experiences with buying on eBay. That is the exception, not the rule. eBay has excellent buyer protection.

Sellers couldn't sell without buyers, and buyers wouldn't buy without buyers' protection. So, it's a two-way street.
It's not my buying experience that was bad. In fact, buying on eBay is quite a seamless experience for me. Its selling on eBay that has become perilous. Buyers tend to purchase something, and then return their old product. eBay seems to always side with the buyer, and you end up losing your item. In fact, if the buyer files a claim with their credit card company, they don't even have to return the item. I lost over $1,000 that way and decided to stop selling on eBay, at least momentarily. Unfortunately, whereas eBay used to be relatively free of buyers will ill motives, it seems that scammers those buyers are slowly becoming more and more prevalent. However, I suppose much of that can be attributed to the economy and the fact that more people are turning to illegal ways of "saving" money.

edit: neither am I saying that eBays buyer protection needs to be eradicated. I just believe that eBay should put more investigation into their claim reviews before seemingly automatically siding with the buyer.

It's not my buying experience that was bad. In fact, buying on eBay is quite a seamless experience for me. Its selling on eBay that has become perilous. Buyers tend to purchase something, and then return their old product. eBay seems to always side with the buyer, and you end up losing your item. In fact, if the buyer files a claim with their credit card company, they don't even have to return the item. I lost over $1,000 that way and decided to stop selling on eBay, at least momentarily. Unfortunately, whereas eBay used to be relatively free of buyers will ill motives, it seems that scammers those buyers are slowly becoming more and more prevalent. However, I suppose much of that can be attributed to the economy and the fact that more people are turning to illegal ways of "saving" money.

edit: neither am I saying that eBays buyer protection needs to be eradicated. I just believe that eBay should put more investigation into their claim reviews before seemingly automatically siding with the buyer.
I haven't sold much on eBay lately, but I always have many photos of the item I'm selling, especially anything drone-related (including serial numbers). I post those with the advertisement (SN blurred) so the buyer knows I have it documented. Then, if by chance it would be returned and not the one I sold, eBay (and everyone else) would know the buyer is lying. It's a matter of protecting yourself too.

I haven't sold much on eBay lately, but I always have many photos of the item I'm selling, especially anything drone-related (including serial numbers). I post those with the advertisement (SN blurred) so the buyer knows I have it documented. Then, if by chance it would be returned and not the one I sold, eBay (and everyone else) would know the buyer is lying. It's a matter of protecting yourself too.
That's a good idea, but the problem is that when they file with their credit card company, they don't have to return the item. eBay simply refunds the payment.

That's a good idea, but the problem is that when they file with their credit card company, they don't have to return the item. eBay simply refunds the payment.
Don't know if you know this or not, but you can appeal a CC reversal too. I have and have won.

Don't know if you know this or not, but you can appeal a CC reversal too. I have and have won.
I did not know that actually... so how would you go about doing that?

I did not know that actually... so how would you go about doing that?
You contact the CC with the transaction that was reversed and provide proof; tracking info, photos, etc. Believe me, banks and CC companies know what's going on. Most will do the right thing.

You contact the CC with the transaction that was reversed and provide proof; tracking info, photos, etc. Believe me, banks and CC companies know what's going on. Most will do the right thing.
Well, I certainly learned something today! Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: GFields
  • Haha
Reactions: BSauce955
Eh, my brother just sold his $650 mini 2 for $350 today. Sometimes people just need money more than the item.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000