DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic fishing success

Hello everyone,

I made up a hook from a metal coat hunger and connected it through the back landing pads with cable ties.

My setup works by flying out and then doing a 180 deg turn and then the lop I have in the fishing line drops of the hook.

I tested it today and my son ending up hooking up a 3lb brown trout on the 3rd drone drop off.

I was fishing in a lake with the mavic dropping the lure about 230 meters From the bank at about 30 meters above the water.

I will post the full video I took from start to finish on you tube soon.

The coat hanger hook sits flat when you land it and extends straight down when you take off.
Clever! And not unsafe, unlike some schemes we've read here. Be looking forward to your video.

I saw a video of a couple Tuna fishing in the ocean from a beach somewhere. I was thinking of doing that same type of setup up in Wisconsin fishing for bass, Northern Pike and Musky. My question is: is it legal? I'd hate to have the Dept of Natural Resources come confiscate my drone and fishing gear and give me a hefty fine. Anyone know?

Sent from my SM-N920P using MavicPilots mobile app

Visit Drone Fishings face book page, they have many videos and Photos. We make The Gannet releases for all Phantom 3's and 4's and also the Mavic.

Www.facebook.com/dronefishingSA

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottster03