DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic fly away, changed home point during flight

Is the DJI GO 4 app the solution?
The solution is to not use DJI GO 3.1.2 on an Android device. Nobody should be using that version of DJI GO.

It does, but the home point will switch to your mobile device's current location if you choose to return to the current location when initiating RTH.
Still strange that a new homepoint was installed at a place I never was and never saw on my phone.

Yes, sir. Bugs in software often cause strange things to occur.

Well, for me still not resolved. Is the DJI GO 4 app the solution? What can I read/learn from the Healthy Drones flight data? Will it happen again and what to do.
You see, I am a novice, just got my mavic last week.

The DJI Go 4 app is designed for the Mavic. The other is not. You shouldn't have these issues in the future. As for Healthy Drones, it just shows some data the other log doesn't. But I can't see anything.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I can't really help the OP here, but I'd like to know why AyeYo is implying that RTH should only be used in an emergency situation. It's a function programmed into the unit, and it should be work whether you are in an emergency situation or not. Once I find a place big enough to test out all the functions of my mavic safely, I plan to test RTH. Will I be in an emergency situation? Hopefully not. Do I still expect it to work properly? Of course.

IMO it's wise to try RTH out every once in a while to be sure you understand how it behaves. In my case I have RTH set at the same as the max altitude. When it get's home, that makes for a pretty long descent!

Also believe it's important to make sure the takeoff point is nice and contrasted (I've been using a small sheet of plywood over the snow around here) so that it's "home" image is easy to pickup and allows the drone to approach cleanly to the point where I can tell it to land.

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
The DJI Go 4 app is designed for the Mavic. The other is not. You shouldn't have these issues in the future.
See my comments above. This is a well known bug in DJI GO 3.1.2 for Android.

It does, but the home point will switch to your mobile device's current location if you choose to return to the current location when initiating RTH.

Clarity please? If one simply hits RTH, then the home point should be the point that the Mavic started at, got good GPS?

The RTH bug with DJIGO 3.1.2 app is only with android and apple phones are not affected?
That's correct. This bug only exists in the Android version of DJI GO 3.1.2.

Clarity please? If one simply hits RTH, then the home point should be the point that the Mavic started at, got good GPS?
If one initiates RTH and is prompted to return to the original home point or the current location, this bug will cause the home point to be reset to a far away location if current location is selected.

If one initiates RTH and is prompted to return to the original home point or the current location, this bug will cause the home point to be reset to a far away location if current location is selected.

Not what I want to know. I have the updated app (and on iOS).

So, RTH should be to the _drone's_ original home point and not to the cellphone's position at any time. Correct?

When RTH is initiated, the Mavic should always go to the last marked home point. That means it will not be the original home point location in cases where the home point is updated mid-flight.

It depends. If you set the home point to the mobile device's current location, it'll use the mobile device's GPS receiver to find the current location. That would of course fail if the mobile device does not have a GPS receiver.

It depends. If you set the home point to the mobile device's current location, it'll use the mobile device's GPS receiver to find the current location. That would of course fail if the mobile device does not have a GPS receiver.

I didn't even know there was such an option. I find this a bit ridiculous. If outside there's no reason (IMO) to takeoff until there's a valid GPS position on the drone.

That is exactly what happened to me. A new home point out of the Blue. I hope with the new app (4) it's over.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using MavicPilots mobile app

That's correct. This bug only exists in the Android version of DJI GO 3.1.2.

LOL...it's funny how many times you've said this, and no one's paying attention to the simple solution LOL!

Guys...if there's one lesson you should learn from this forum it's this: when @msinger gives you advice or suggests something...listen to him! ;)

Reactions: sonof40
LOL...it's funny how many times you've said this, and no one's paying attention to the simple solution LOL!

Guys...if there's one lesson you should learn from this forum it's this: when @msinger gives you advice or suggests something...listen to him! ;)
Amen. Sometimes I just scroll through responses until see a response from msinger. Saves a lot of time.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid