DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic gimbal replacement question

Alastair

Reactions
c230c9d8d7284a73b1b1e8cc582f1268.jpg

a9ee04acb0e83b8dad55c6154fe0a3e4.jpg

Well, crashed the Mavic [emoji33]. Flew sideways into some low power lines. Dumb dumb dumb! I’ll need to replace the entire assembly including the vibration absorbing thingy. My research finds that some say it’s a doable DIY project rather than paying the big bucks to DJI along with the shipping hassle and extra time. Questions:
What’s the general consensus regarding doing it yourself?
Does the vibration board come with the new gimbal? Amazon is unclear on this. (I’m making sure to order a genuine DJI replacement)
I would appreciate any experienced advice.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jfenn78 and Youser
Just for what it's worth, I just tore my mavic apart to replace the ribbon and video cables along with anti - vibration board. It's a little daunting at first, but if you're adept at working with small, and I mean really tiny screws, then you will be fine.

Hint: make sure you have a micro driver set that is magnetic.

You have been extremely helpful msinger. When I look at that gimbal assembly from Amazon it still looks like the vibration board is included. I’m glad you straightened me out or I would have had to wait longer. The videos were better than the ones I had seen, especially the first one. Thank you for taking the time to help. Alastair

@Alastair, see my amended post above. The camera/gimbal assembly does include the vibration board. It's pictured here:

Camera.jpg

Since it's all pre-assembled, it should be easy to swap it out.

Reactions: dajohn17
Ha! Thank you for stickin’ with it msinger. I’ll take the v. board out of my cart. Phew! That was close [emoji847]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13