DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Hits Power Line - Survives!

Aerial Gopher

Reactions
Came across this video. Mavic pro hits a high voltage power line and the blades just get damaged a bit but continues to fly with no problems.

Just think, an inch up or down and the thing would of fallen to the river below!

That will get your heart rate up quickly!

Came across this video. Mavic pro hits a high voltage power line and the blades just get damaged a bit but continues to fly with no problems.

Just think, an inch up or down and the thing would of fallen to the river below!

do you mind if I share this on my blog? I will just embed your video and give you any credit you want on there

ive noticed this is fairly common for mavics to skim overhead lines, check out this other post Lucky escape caught on 4k!
i really think it has to with the electromagnetic interference generated by the high voltage and some how messes around with the mavics sensors and drawing it towards the field of the HV line. i can tell you now i couldn't intentionally do it if i tried to skim the overhead lines.

Lucky bastard and i like floating text editing (someone PM me on how its done).

I've seen some brutal test on youtube. The Mavic is a beast when put to the test:
They shorten the props and it still takes off.
They crash it into low trees and walls and it recovers in less than 2m heights.
They fly it in rain and it has no issues.

I think its to do with the collapsible arms and folder-able props and only weighing 0.7kg.

If only they can make the Mavic Gimbal tough like the Sparks gimbal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ