DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic II

They copy Apple in this ..
It's a good policy.

If you announce that you have something coming, people will know when you're late!
If you announce what you'll have coming out, other companies will copy it.
And obviously... the consumer would not buy a new drone if they knew for certain that the next release was imminent.

As a consumer it is annoying, though!

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Let me guess, all the batteries and other accessories won’t fit the new model. It’s the oldest marketing scam going. Carrot dangling money grubbing pencil pushers figuring ways to generate reoccurring revenue.

Well what the heck, when can I get one And what are the carrots; more speed, longer distance, delivers beer...

This is rumour control, these are the facts;

This is the end of the list of facts.

The MP2 was supposed to be here in December, then January, then March, now June. The new Mavic Pro came out last autumn, it’s called the Platinum and at some point there will be another drone from DJI. And another and then another.
Unfortunately people’s desire to appear to own priveledged information leads to spreading of random ideas as if they were facts and the result is that Real facts are hard to come by. We will know a new drone is coming when DJI announce it.

Reactions: 1hoax
This is rumour control, these are the facts;

This is the end of the list of facts.

The MP2 was supposed to be here in December, then January, then March, now June. The new Mavic Pro came out last autumn, it’s called the Platinum and at some point there will be another drone from DJI. And another and then another.
Unfortunately people’s desire to appear to own priveledged information leads to spreading of random ideas as if they were facts and the result is that Real facts are hard to come by. We will know a new drone is coming when DJI announce it.
I cant argue with that. Just wait and see

Reactions: frogbmth
Well, what's gonna happen when Autel actually releases the EVO?

I know I will get oneEVO.JPG

Well, we'll have to wait and see. The problem with Autel is they rarely release anything new. There's lots of talk about wanting to release new products though.

I know I will get oneView attachment 33020
Autel said on Facebook yesterday that they HAVE NOT EVEN STARTED production on the EVO yet. They said they are having production difficulties. It could be up to a year or longer before it is released. They also said there will be no 1" sensor.

I doubt there will even be a Mavic Pro 2. I bet they just go with a Pro model of the Air or a completely new model.

Doesn't make sense that Autel is showing EVO's capabilities to the public and industries in IWCE now with no production plan or with a delay of a year. It's just like the company is committing suicide. With regard to dji, it is obvious that the air is not a replacement for the pro. They have to continue introducing new and better drones to keep revenues flowing and big part of their profits come from existing customers. They must keep satisfying their existing customers. This is the most important rule in business and I am sure dji is aware of it. Look at apple with iPhone 1.2.3,....,10 and Microsoft with Windows 10 now, etc. If dji doesn't release Mavic pro II or anything better than it, someone else will fill the gap.
That's why I hope for dji sake to release their next replacement for the MP.

New Mavic pilot checking in, experienced amateur photog and RC hobbyist.

So let's think about this logically:

1. Could there be a Mavic 2 in the works? Possibly, to fix/upgrade various hardware bits.

2. Will it have a 1" sensor?

Not at all, at least in the current form factor. If the sensor is bigger, that means the lens has to be bigger, which means the gimbal has to be bigger, which means the whole bird has to be bigger. DJI already has a 1" sensor in the P4, and there's probably not much room to shrink the camera apparatus from the P4 version. I suspect if there is any truth to the rumor, the new product probably isn't even a "Mavic" it might be called a "Phantom Portable," so Phantom sized, but with folding arms and maybe the front mounted camera and low profile landing gear. Still quite a bit larger/heavier than Mavic though, and it would probably be too big for my liking.

Reactions: F Tighe
New Mavic pilot checking in, experienced amateur photog and RC hobbyist.

So let's think about this logically:

1. Could there be a Mavic 2 in the works? Possibly, to fix/upgrade various hardware bits.

2. Will it have a 1" sensor?

Not at all, at least in the current form factor. If the sensor is bigger, that means the lens has to be bigger, which means the gimbal has to be bigger, which means the whole bird has to be bigger. DJI already has a 1" sensor in the P4, and there's probably not much room to shrink the camera apparatus from the P4 version. I suspect if there is any truth to the rumor, the new product probably isn't even a "Mavic" it might be called a "Phantom Portable," so Phantom sized, but with folding arms and maybe the front mounted camera and low profile landing gear. Still quite a bit larger/heavier than Mavic though, and it would probably be too big for my liking.
If the EVO has a 1 inch sensor and the DJI doesn't, that would not be good for DJI. Personally, I think DJI wants to be the tech leader. Just say'n...

I don't think OsitaLV is a great source/leak

Me neither....anyone can guess that new iterations will have these features. Come on obviously the pro 2 will have a better camera like 4k 60 1in sensor better autonomy etc.....he was wrong about mav air and the way the legs folded . There is even a guy who started a YouTube channel dedicated to this guy ositalv wont state his name but wow people are gullable...

Autel said on Facebook yesterday that they HAVE NOT EVEN STARTED production on the EVO yet. They said they are having production difficulties. It could be up to a year or longer before it is released. They also said there will be no 1" sensor.
That's why DJI does what Apple does. Not make announcements early. It'll just disappoint eager potential customers. And get laugh at by competitors.

Reactions: fireball
This might be a silly question.. but why isn't anyone talking about the GDU 02 or BYRD?

At the very least the BYRD is proof DJI could make the gimbal exchangeable within the Pro framework.

Last edited:
My question, how did OstivLV get to be the authority on this? Thousands of people are basing everything on one person posting some sketches and a few predictions? It's just crazy to me.

My question, how did OstivLV get to be the authority on this? Thousands of people are basing everything on one person posting some sketches and a few predictions? It's just crazy to me.
Some believe, and some don't. All I am sure of is, that he has given me a great deal on entertainment over the last month, and I enjoy seeing his next message. I am about as curious to find out how accurate he is as I am to see the darn drone.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu