DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic II

My question, how did OstivLV get to be the authority on this? Thousands of people are basing everything on one person posting some sketches and a few predictions? It's just crazy to me.
Exactly! Like i said the one guy Bill, literally his channel is just based on rumors it issane to me it really blows my mind... did anyone notice this guy osita's new tweet where he says if you don't believe me you don't have to don't read my stuff these are just predictions...aah "predictions" makes sense.. guy has no clue it really is ashame how as people we are so gulable because of the excitement of an upcoming product. He also has no clue when the 2 will be coming out. He said March in the beginning now it's between March and June..... seriously dude

I kind of hope a Mavic2 doesn't come out, because then I will have to buy it...

...and then I will have to figure out what to do with my MavicPro because I honestly don't fly enough to warrant two drones. But I can't sell it yet because my baby still has .400 on it and is flight flexible and fault free. So I'd have to see if the Mavic2 firmware is restrictive enough that it'd require me to bring a spare drone along just in case the new one won't take off in a legal authorization zone or something. But THAT would mean I'm now traveling with two sets of batteries, chargers, accessories, and my bag has gotten that much heavier.

So no new drone. It will get confusing for me. :)

Reactions: JoostGT3
I predict the next drone will be the Mavic X, it will be controlled by Microwave link, none of your WiFi or Occusync rubbish, it will not need props as it will be powered by the farts of angels and it will capture 3d Holograms that can be projected when it lands alongside an example file of Princess Leia. It will have a new mode that will collect take out food and will run for 45 minutes on dilythium crystals.

Let’s see how far that lot gets online.

The reason I am enjoying all this, is because the machine the Big "O" is describing is exactly what I would like to have.
I predict the next drone will be the Mavic X, it will be controlled by Microwave link, none of your WiFi or Occusync rubbish, it will not need props as it will be powered by the farts of angels and it will capture 3d Holograms that can be projected when it lands alongside an example file of Princess Leia. It will have a new mode that will collect take out food and will run for 45 minutes on dilythium crystals.

Let’s see how far that lot gets online.
I would think they could get a full hour out of dilythium crystals

Reactions: frogbmth
Regardless, aren't we all hoping for a new Mavic soon?
Hmmmm... Not really.... But, yeah - kinda. I never jump on the latest and greatest *whatever*. I wait for *whatever* to get a long-term positive track record. The Mavic, in my ever so humble opinion, is the best consumer drone to date. I will keep flying it long after the MP2 comes out, while I learn more about the v2 to see if my money wouldn't just be happier staying in my wallet.

I don't think that the guy in this video knows what he's talking about. Too many people want to have a YouTube drone channel, but many of the videos are just speculation without any research...

Autel Retailer on Evo Release
I agree, but that wasn't what I was talking about. I was referring to what he said about the EVO drone shown by Autel in IWCE which was different than the one shown in CES and I put a link to that video

Here it is again:

Here is another opinion from a different person:

To me, I am interested in this EVO if it ever comes out

Reactions: Qoncussion
IMG_3711.JPG

I hope they didn't make it bigger. The portability of this thing is the deal breaker for me.

I know... rumors say it is bigger. People that want a smaller drone will be pointed to the Air. But for me the current Mavic size is spot on perfect.

It's good business to change the size, though. Then you have to replace every single accessory you've bought! :D

I hope they didn't make it bigger. The portability of this thing is the deal breaker for me.

I know... rumors say it is bigger. People that want a smaller drone will be pointed to the Air. But for me the current Mavic size is spot on perfect.

It's good business to change the size, though. Then you have to replace every single accessory you've bought! :D

If it has the Zenmuse X4S camera it will not only be larger but the camera itself is ~ $600US. Making the drone likely to be > $1,300 retail. I'd gladly pay that to get the camera in a Mavic class drone.

Reactions: ToddR
If it has the Zenmuse X4S camera it will not only be larger but the camera itself is ~ $600US. Making the drone likely to be > $1,300 retail. I'd gladly pay that to get the camera in a Mavic class drone.
So is it more of a folding Phantom?
If so, they should just make the Phantom fold-able. Kind of silly that they still make that fixed rotor/gear package, but I guess it let's them put a lot of different lens bundles under there.

Still think it's odd that they'd make a drone that was hailed for it's small size... larger. Size should be going the other way, or increase flight time and lens in current footprint.

Maybe a moot point. Maybe it's not noticeable bigger when you see it in person.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman