Votes: 167 56.0%
  • No.

Votes: 72 24.2%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 59 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one see any Autel comments regarding whether or not the EVO will have built in flight restrictions (i.e. No Fly Zones, Max Height, etc. etc.) like the DJI quads??????
Autel has stated multiple times they will not be enforcing NFZ except where it is required by the laws of the country.

I see that their software supports FPV goggles for your phone, so you don't have to buy expensive goggles like DJI.
I want this screen/controller they showed at CES. I know it is not available yet but it looks cool.
evo screen.jpg

Autel has stated multiple times they will not be enforcing NFZ except where it is required by the laws of the country.
REALLY ... Multiple times ???????

Can you link to a single piece of Autel documentation where they state this?

Accurately and continuously updating changing FAA NFZ's has proven to be a nightmare for DJI and would also be for Autel if they followed suit.

This might sound dumb, but I think it would be of more value to show an onscreen map that listed where and when it’s OK to fly ? I will look at my FAA part 107 test notes, but I remember that some areas are Go at some times and no-Go at others, definitely gets a little confusing for sure.

Reactions: whiskey_throttle
REALLY ... Multiple times ???????

Can you link to a single piece of Autel documentation where they state this?

Accurately and continuously updating changing FAA NFZ's has proven to be a nightmare for DJI and would also be for Autel if they followed suit.
It seems pretty clear that the pilot is warned but not actually restricted.
This is from the EVO manual:
evo flight restrictions.jpg

It seems pretty clear that the pilot is warned but not actually restricted.
This is from the EVO manual:
View attachment 33533
Thanks a lot for the reply... I agree that this section of the Autel EVO manual eliminates my concern about imposed flight restrictions in the USA where I'll be flying.

Can you provide a download link for the entire EVO manual? ... can't find it on the Autel website.

If not thanks any way...

Evo Evo...where is that Evo? I can't see it. Wait... yes... it's just a prototype :( wake up Autel

Evo Evo...where is that Evo? I can't see it. Wait... yes... it's just a prototype :( wake up Autel
It isn't just a prototype. The products showed last year by Autel were prototypes. The EVO is going to be produced. Autel already has it registered with the FCC and demonstrates it at all of the press events. Not so with last years products. The EVO is coming, it is just a matter of time. Probably around 1 month more, possibly less.

It isn't just a prototype. The products showed last year by Autel were prototypes. The EVO is going to be produced. Autel already has it registered with the FCC and demonstrates it at all of the press events. Not so with last years products. The EVO is coming, it is just a matter of time. Probably around 1 month more, possibly less.

I hope it for them, but I am afraid they are dead in the water already... I can see DJI perform the same stunt as they did with the GoPro Karma and the announcement of the Mavic Pro 1... As far as I understand, the Evo is more or less comparable to the Mavic Pro. So as soon as they announce it will be available for purchase, DJI will announce the Mavic Pro II with the next step up.... Well, let's at least hope that will be sooner rather than later...

Last edited:
Am I the only one who feels that Autel is loosing it already?!?
The announced the drone on the CES, but there is no signal when it will be for sale. DJI is being tight-lipped about their Mavic Pro II, but we all know that when Autel is ready to release their EVO, DJI will pull the same stunt as they did with the GoPro

I hope it for them, but I am afraid they are dead in the water already... I can see DJI perform the same stunt as they did with the GoPro Karma and the announcement of the Mavic Pro 1... As far as I understand, the Evo is more or less comparable to the Mavic Pro. So as soon as they announce it will be available for purchase, DJI will announce the Mavic Pro II with the next step up.... Well, let's at least hope that will be sooner rather than later...
I gotta say DJI is pretty shrewd, but the GoPro Karma was hardly comparable to the Mavic Pro, more like a Russian design. The EVO has some great features that surpass the Mavic Pro in many ways and it is being advertised on B&H for a sub $1000 price.

I'll print out and eat this post if they release it in a month. When they do, it's just another drone in a locked-up market. Very little innovative about it. Maybe some tiny fraction of people who are frothing at the mouth about DJI's geo system would find it appealing. I'd love to see some competition for DJI, but this isn't going anywhere.

I'll print out and eat this post if they release it in a month. When they do, it's just another drone in a locked-up market. Very little innovative about it. Maybe some tiny fraction of people who are frothing at the mouth about DJI's geo system would find it appealing. I'd love to see some competition for DJI, but this isn't going anywhere.

Yeah they said that about Tesla also. Maybe there is room in the drone market for a breakthrough newcomer in the marketplace, everything I have read sounds like Autel owners are pretty happy, and it is only 75 miles to Autel’s headquarters from where I live. It will be fun to watch the competition, in the end we are the winners.

I see that their software supports FPV goggles for your phone, so you don't have to buy expensive goggles like DJI.
You can do same with any DJI drone (not sure for Mavic Air) by just using third-party software such as Litchi for your phone.

The bad news is that the camera has a tiny sensor like the Mavic. with a 3.5 mm focal length and 94 degree FOV, the sensor would would have a size of 6 x 4.5 mm (assuming the FOV is measured horizontally.) At f/2.8 vs f/2.2 on the Mavic, it will have less light on the sensor. The lens is more wide angle than the Mavic , 94 vs 78.8 degrees.

True for the EVO coming out, however, they had a prototype at CES with a 1' sensor to see what feedback they would receive. The feedback was great and they are producing a second model with the 1" sensor also slightly larger, with a cost around $1,300. Release date is not known yet, but I would guess 3rd quarter. I will be waiting for the MP II and the second EVO and watch hands on reviews before buying either one. EVO has always had good results with their camera and Customer Support which is important, so we will have to see what the results are.

Reactions: whiskey_throttle
Q2 is the expected time of release. That is April.

"but this isn't going anywhere" .... :rolleyes:

Sounds like what USA auto market said when Japanese autos began hitting the our shores in the 1970's....

P.S. Curious about your rc experience.... ever flown any DJI products?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka