Votes: 72 24.2%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 59 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshmentele

Reactions
Autel Robotics just released a new drone called the EVO. It looks very similar to the Mavic. However, if it can correct the problems found in the Mavic, I would be willing to shift over to the Autel. I have previously owned an Autel X-Star and it was a great product, but it became outdated so I switched over to the Mavic. Now that Autel has caught up to DJI and possibly surpassed it, I am very interested in the new drone.

Here is the video:

DJI is the largest player in the prosumer drone arena. As such there will be more accessories, support , and knowledge available surrounding the Mavic Pro and other DJI drones versus the Autel offerings.

That alone makes me willing to work around any shortcomings of my Mavic Pro.

Looks like a Mavic copy, if the price is low enough it will get a following.
However I already have a Mavic, and I doubt there is much to entice me away, and anyway probably not available in the UK, the other Autel models were not here in the UK.

I got this thing about copy's of anything so not for me .
That and I'm not messing up my DJI fanboy status . :)
I will just sit back and watch others talk about it when it comes out . Thumbswayup

7km range, 30 minutes flight time. If the camera is better than the Mavic's (which I'm not that impressed with) then this will gain serious attention and I will consider selling my Mavic and getting the Evo. There's chatter that this thing has a 1" sensor.

The elephant in the room is DJI's very poor customer service. Autel's is the best in the biz so if this drone works well it will be trouble for DJI.

just my .02 euros...

DJI is the largest player in the prosumer drone arena. As such there will be more accessories, support , and knowledge available surrounding the Mavic Pro and other DJI drones versus the Autel offerings.

That alone makes me willing to work around any shortcomings of my Mavic Pro.

Ehh I agree with most of this other than the "support" part. Autel could be 2nd worst at customer support in the world, and they'd be one spot better than DJI.

Looks like a Mavic copy, if the price is low enough it will get a following.
However I already have a Mavic, and I doubt there is much to entice me away, and anyway probably not available in the UK, the other Autel models were not here in the UK.
Every small drone made will forever be called a Mavic clone.... I don't get the argument. There are undeniable similarities with quad's by nature of design but calling them all Mavic clone's is just something I don't get.

Every small drone made will forever be called a Mavic clone.... I don't get the argument. There are undeniable similarities with quad's by nature of design but calling them all Mavic clone's is just something I don't get.

It looks like a Mavic, it has folding arms like a Mavic, it's the size of a Mavic, it's got a 3axis gimbal, and a 4k cam like the mavic, it's got obstacle avoidance like the Mavic. It' not an unreasonable comparison.

No one is calling the Spark a Mavic clone, or the beebop 2, and those are small drones. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would like to see in the wild if it actually does obstacle avoidance like the video shows. That is the one thing i think DJI should change the name on. Instead of calling it obstacle avoidance it should be called obstacle detection sensor and stop. Anyhow, I am still getting a Mavic, but will keep my eye on this EVO.

It looks like a Mavic, it has folding arms like a Mavic, it's the size of a Mavic, it's got a 3axis gimbal, and a 4k cam like the mavic, it's got obstacle avoidance like the Mavic. It' not an unreasonable comparison.

No one is calling the Spark a Mavic clone, or the beebop 2, and those are small drones. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Looks like the Mavic? How so? Because it has four rotors? :rolleyes:

Lots of drones nowadays have -
folding arms
3-axis gimbal
4k camera
obstacle avoidance

This "everything is a Mavic ripoff" claim is going off the rails and a little tired.

Even this guys says it doesn't look like a Mavic.

Last edited:
I think it will be better than the mavic in the camera department, range, and obstacle avoidance. The drone shoots 4K at 60fps and has backward IR obstacle avoidance. It could possibly have a 1" sensor.

It's no surprise its a copy of the Mavic. The X star, their first drone was a copy of the phantom.
akin to saying your Honda is a copy of my Toyota.....
Campbell's soup is a copy of Progresso's soup....
Mazzios Pizza is a copy of Little Ceaser's Pizza...
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess I've not seen the Phantom's modular camera....lolz

Reactions: Wade1982
Cars have 4 Wheels , but they have their differences [emoji6]. There’s limited ways you can make a product. Buy what you like [emoji16] the drone being mentioned have different folding arms and the gimbal looks beefier. It won’t make me sell my drones, but if it turns out to be a great product, I’ll add it to my collection [emoji12]

There appears to be two different controllers for the EVO. They both have built-in FPV.
upload_2018-1-9_17-2-2.png

26219611_190805134991880_8146293722813619627_n.jpg

There appears to be two different controllers for the EVO. They both have built-in FPV.
View attachment 28409

26219611_190805134991880_8146293722813619627_n.jpg

The charging cable connected to that tablet looks a lot like a DELL laptop charger. Wonder if they partnered with DELL on that?

I really like that smaller controller above with the small 3.3" screen.

Reactions: dewster
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky