Votes: 167 56.0%
  • No.

Votes: 72 24.2%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 59 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost bought an Autel simply because it’s US based support had great reviews. If it’s a good product and great support I’d consider it over my Mavic...

Reactions: eddiedial
Looks like the Mavic? How so? Because it has four rotors? :rolleyes:

Same shape, same camera placement, folding arms, same sensor locations. Of the popular drones what would say is the most similar to this one?

Lots of drones nowadays have -
folding arms
3-axis gimbal
4k camera
obstacle avoidance

This "everything is a Mavic ripoff" claim is going off the rails and a little tired.

Even this guys says it doesn't look like a Mavic.

O really? What other popular drones have all those features? The Mavic and....

No one is saying every small drone is a Mavic ripoff, just the ones that ARE Mavic ripoffs lol. This borrows A LOT from the Mavic. If you can't admit that you're just being purposely obtuse.

Reactions: w4t3r and Kilrah
Oh wow, hey Look!! Chevy cloned the Ford truck. . 4 wheels, 4 doors and a bed in the back for hauling many boxes of drones. It even has mirrors on each door, front and back bumpers, tail lights, headlights and all are similar to Ford. Cloned?

059a307f677a3a05c259541f16587304.jpg

If the design is similar but works more power to us as consumers!

"IF" the Mavic design is here to stay...... DJI just plowed the path.

Can you spot the vacuum cleaner clone. LOL
d2dceb20ac964d0a0563dd13da3767a1.jpg

Same shape, same camera placement, folding arms, same sensor locations. Of the popular drones what would say is the most similar to this one?

O really? What other popular drones have all those features? The Mavic and....

No one is saying every small drone is a Mavic ripoff, just the ones that ARE Mavic ripoffs lol. This borrows A LOT from the Mavic. If you can't admit that you're just being purposely obtuse.
Ok fanboi, you're right, I'm wrong. Feel better? Thumbswayup

Reactions: MavicBow
Reactions: w4t3r
I personally don't care if it's a copy I think that competition is great as it forces those with the experience to design and build a better drone and at a more competitive price for the consumer. You will always find cheaper and inferior products on the market but you will also find something more advanced using quality components.
Just perhaps this Evo may be in the later category.

There’s little difference and nothing impressive here to make me want to switch. Mavic is a tested player and may have its flaws. I’m sure that pretty soon we’ll also be hearing about the flaws of Evo. There is no perfect system.

Reactions: Wade1982 and w4t3r
There’s little difference and nothing impressive here to make me want to switch. Mavic is a tested player and may have its flaws. I’m sure that pretty soon we’ll also be hearing about the flaws of Evo. There is no perfect system.
It has Mavic capabilities plus rear IR sensor and a better camera. I just watched a video interview of an Autel rep at CES and he said the camera has an upgraded sensor from their XSP (which has a great camera) plus 4k @ 60fps and 94 degree FOV.

Plus I am digging the remote with the built-in OLED screen....could throw it up in the air in a hurry without needing to connect a tablet/phone.

Bottom line, though, is software is important and if they don't get that part right it could be a dud.

Reactions: Cowboys2023
In the video I watched the autel rep said it would detect obstacles and then actually map them so when in intelligent flight modes it would remember that obstacle was there and will plan an alternate route if it approaches that one again.

Reactions: EC57
I will pre order one.
If I don't like it as much as the mavic, I will sell it or return it. If I like it more, I will sell the mavic... Or keep both. [emoji16]

Reactions: EC57
The bad news is that the camera has a tiny sensor like the Mavic. with a 3.5 mm focal length and 94 degree FOV, the sensor would would have a size of 6 x 4.5 mm (assuming the FOV is measured horizontally.) At f/2.8 vs f/2.2 on the Mavic, it will have less light on the sensor. The lens is more wide angle than the Mavic , 94 vs 78.8 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet