DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic II

I think he meant that his mavic pro ii rumor that he started back in 2017.12.12 is gonna end in 2018.3.28
R.I.P. Mavic Pro II
Could it be that dji enterprise will forget about consumer drones and concentrate on industrial ones!!!
Anyway, soon we might know

I think he meant that his mavic pro ii rumor that he started back in 2017.12.12 is gonna end in 2018.3.28
R.I.P. Mavic Pro II
Could it be that dji enterprise will forget about consumer drones and concentrate on industrial ones!!!
Anyway, soon we might know

No no and no obviously everybody was wrong about the Mavic pro too it was a commercial drone they came out with

news of OsitaLV

DZwbK43U0AAihbB.jpg:large

Exactly! Like i said the one guy Bill, literally his channel is just based on rumors it issane to me it really blows my mind... did anyone notice this guy osita's new tweet where he says if you don't believe me you don't have to don't read my stuff these are just predictions...aah "predictions" makes sense.. guy has no clue it really is ashame how as people we are so gulable because of the excitement of an upcoming product. He also has no clue when the 2 will be coming out. He said March in the beginning now it's between March and June..... seriously dude
They bite because he is telling things people want to hear. I found it funny that people didnt turn on him after his Fake pic of the Mavic II.

I am sure he is pretty much right this time. I had hoped they would figure out a way to get 20MP into the Mavic Foot print (stills interest mainly), but looking at the Phantom camera it was pretty clear that chip would not work.

Hoping that the rumored update to the P4 similar to the Mavic Pro Platinum is for real as the noise level of the P4 makes it hard to fly around at times unless I am very remote. However it's still hard to beat the portability of the Mavic and range. Hopefully the DR of the IMX226 will help out as the DR of the current mavic is pretty limited to bright days, at least from my use.

Paul Caldwell

New Mavic pilot checking in, experienced amateur photog and RC hobbyist.

So let's think about this logically:

1. Could there be a Mavic 2 in the works? Possibly, to fix/upgrade various hardware bits.

2. Will it have a 1" sensor?

Not at all, at least in the current form factor. If the sensor is bigger, that means the lens has to be bigger, which means the gimbal has to be bigger, which means the whole bird has to be bigger. DJI already has a 1" sensor in the P4, and there's probably not much room to shrink the camera apparatus from the P4 version. I suspect if there is any truth to the rumor, the new product probably isn't even a "Mavic" it might be called a "Phantom Portable," so Phantom sized, but with folding arms and maybe the front mounted camera and low profile landing gear. Still quite a bit larger/heavier than Mavic though, and it would probably be too big for my liking.

IMHO it appears to me that there is plenty of real estate in the MP to accommodate a 1” sensor if they change to a gimbal design similar to the Mavic Air...

Z

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13