DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Insurance Australia

CanberraMavic

Reactions
After a few emails back and forth, the kind folk at AAMI Australia are now insuring my Mavic for $14.50/year additional cost to my home contents insurance. The excess (if I make a claim) is $100, so I am very happy to know I am covered for the $1700AUD cost of my beloved drone.

After a few emails back and forth, the kind folk at AAMI Australia are now insuring my Mavic for $14.50/year additional cost to my home contents insurance. The excess (if I make a claim) is $100, so I am very happy to know I am covered for the $1700AUD cost of my beloved drone.

Do you know if you are still covered if you crash it.

Are you sure it is covered against damage and theft? Today I just tried AAMI and they would not insure it for me because it is against their policy to insure drones. I just wouldn't want anything to happen to your precious drone!

Hey, yeah, I triple-checked after your message, and the policy states clearly Mavic Pro, my serial number, replacement/theft and the word 'drone', along with the $1700. I started the insurance route because my Mavic shares it's bag with my DSLR, combined expense over $2500. They're listed under portable items on the house contents. Good luck on yours! :)

Hey, yeah, I triple-checked after your message, and the policy states clearly Mavic Pro, my serial number, replacement/theft and the word 'drone', along with the $1700. I started the insurance route because my Mavic shares it's bag with my DSLR, combined expense over $2500. They're listed under portable items on the house contents. Good luck on yours! :)

Thanks mate! I spent a while on the phone with them last night and they were able to add it under portable items as well... So now it is ensured with AAMI ! Happy flying!

Yeah, AAMI pretty much own me... [emoji3] Car, home, contents, portable.... They have done alright for me when I've needed them.

Reactions: DaveO
I was able to insure my drone under my NRMA home and contents insurance, under portable valuables - sporting and recreation. The total cost was about the same as the extra on yours, CanberraMavic, and is against theft, damage, and interestingly, liability as well. The agent read out the policy - basically, the drone needs to be flown CASA compliant. The bonus is that the geographic cover is global, which is good as I have not managed to find a travel insurance policy which covers drones (video cameras, yes, portable electronics, yes, drones - ie. portable electronic videocameras - no). Am heading to Fiji soon on a family holiday and planning on taking the Mavic along. Good to have the cover.

Anyone get business insurance to cover their Mavic for liability and loss while making money from their quad?

Don’t suppose this covers liability costs? i.e. If the drone falls out of the sky and hits someone in the head, damages a car, or someones property, for example.

Says who?
Looks like your guess?

I withraw this, you are right.

Just spoke to aami, one can NOT be covered while flying, or using it in any way. It is clasified as sporting equipment.

I took out the cover ($15.95 with $100 excess) which is for transporting the drone, accidentally dropping the bag and damaging it, if someone stole if from your car or anywhere else outside your home, if the drone is damaged by fire, etc

They said no sporting equipment can be insured while in use!!

I asked for it to be classisfied as portable item or something else, but it didn’t work.

Interesting I just got insurance from AAMI as a portable add on and I described loses whilst flying and whether the mavic had to be recovered.They confirmed it did not. They said it would be covered in a crash. I will double check when the policy document arrives.

I withraw this, you are right.

Just spoke to aami, one can NOT be covered while flying, or using it in any way. It is clasified as sporting equipment.

I took out the cover ($15.95 with $100 excess) which is for transporting the drone, accidentally dropping the bag and damaging it, if someone stole if from your car or anywhere else outside your home, if the drone is damaged by fire, etc

They said no sporting equipment can be insured while in use!!

I asked for it to be classisfied as portable item or something else, but it didn’t work.

nteresting I just got insurance from AAMI as a portable add on and I described loses whilst flying and whether the mavic had to be recovered.They confirmed it did not. They said it would be covered in a crash. I will double check when the policy document arrives.

Have you received your policy yet? Any update on the coverage provided by your insurance company? What you have been offered seems like something I will be taking up this week.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada