DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Intelligent Battery pin-outs

AlR

Reactions
Hi All,

I haven't taken a battery apart yet and started any tests - but before I do, does anyone have the pinout details?

Thanks,

AlR

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I saw something about it. I think all four of the middle pins are power.
and the two second to last ones at either end are ground. The end ones on either side are data.

So four positives, four grounds and two data.

Rob

I just checked the pin-out on the M2P battery using a Fluke meter with very thin needle tips (regular probes won't get it). Battery, viewed from the underside with the "slanted corner" to the left, is:
1 thru 4 - negative or ground
5 & 6 - unknown, probably data
7 thru 10 - positive or B+

Unlike the battery terminals in the video showing the first gen Mavic, all the terminals on the M2 are the same length. I assume that multiple pins are used for battery - and + are due to the relatively high current capacity (i.e. low resistance) required of the connections as well as redundancy. There are no discreet wires from each of the cells available at the connector, otherwise one would see voltage steps of 4.X volts between pins. All the data, including cell voltage, temperature, battery identity, number of cycles, date manufactured, days 'till auto discharge, etc. is sent from the battery to the drone via those data pins, and then from the drone to the smart controller vie WiFi.

Protocol for cell balance, dormant mode, over charge, shorted, and whatever else DJI has programmed in, is all handled within the smart battery.

In case anyone is still interested, on the back-side of the Mavic Pro battery charger that came with my Platinum there is a pin-out diagram.
Possibly all DJI supplied chargers have this?

Attachments

• E24DFE3B-B714-492F-A3F4-6C01725AF1E9.jpeg
    E24DFE3B-B714-492F-A3F4-6C01725AF1E9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 191
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin.macdonald