DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Landing gear, with shock absorbers!

Genius! Love the innovation from your team. Please continue to push the boundaries. Would love to try these out as well!

very nice.. BUT.. why not having the " regular " feet ?? would have a better touch on the ground..?

very nice.. BUT.. why not having the " regular " feet ?? would have a better touch on the ground..?
With tongue firmly in cheek ...
With the un-damped springs the 'arrow' profile end is needed so that the foot will penetrate soft ground, to be gripped and retained. Otherwise the aircraft will be thrown up and sideways when landing 'one foot first' on uneven ground, such as grass.
ft landing on tarmac or concrete of course it doesn't matter, the whole aircraft will just bounce up and down. :)

Actually, I admire the commercial motivation to stir the market by adding new variations on a theme, this is how such people remain in business.
I must also confess that my first thought was 'model off-road buggies etc have spring + damper units, why haven't these got dampers?', but of course, that might be for the next market stir!!

Regards.

Reactions: ASA51N
extra weight when you already have a built in landing gear with shock absorber?

Cmon guys, admit it. You cringe a little bit every time it self lands and bumps a little. Haha

self lands? time to take the training wheels off and learn to fly haha

self lands? time to take the training wheels off and learn to fly haha

Easy there, I think my training wheels came off when I flew 2 miles out to sea on a windy day. You're not getting the point, but I'll just let ya stay that way.

big deal, you went out far, but you still can't manually land? yeah your wheels are still on

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661