DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic lens filters SunnyLife any good ?

Zackly! I bought some off eBay and they would cause gimbal errors on boot up. There was a spot where the camera would scrape against the gimbal arm while going thru it's initial start up. If I wanted to use these filters I would have to wait for the MP to boot up before I put the filter on.

A royal PITA, if u ask me. I ended up buying the Polar Pro vivid collection.

Am happy with them.

Thanks for supporting our brand!

- Oliver from PolarPro

Watched the DroneValley video review as well. I trust Ricks' opinion. I ordered a set from him, waiting for them to arrive.

Ricks opinion? It is a commercial for the filters that he sells on the drone valley site. Of course he loves them.

Hi
Did anyone tried them ? 27GBP for set of 6 filters seems to be very good price!
or any other recommendations in lower price range! (I know you will say polar pro but is this really worth the difference in the price?)

Did anyone tried them ? 27GBP for set of 6 filters seems to be very good price!
or any other recommendations in lower price range! (I know you will say polar pro but is this really worth the difference in the price?)

[URL='http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MRC-UV-MRC-CPL-ND4-ND8-ND16-ND32-Camera-Lens-HD-Filters-for-DJI-MAVIC-Pro-Drone-/201908675382?hash=item2f02b1e336:g:1rEAAOSwtGlZAuJw']MRC-UV MRC-CPL ND4 ND8 ND16 ND32 Camera Lens HD Filters for DJI MAVIC Pro Drone | eBay

MRC-UV MRC-CPL ND4 ND8 ND16 ND32 Camera Lens HD Filters for DJI MAVIC Pro Drone | eBay[/URL]

thanks
Hi, I bought them, they are terrible, almost impossible to remove, I fitted as instructed, firm hard push before they would stay on, but near breaking point to get them off. DONT BUY THEM! Mick

Try these....

Great write ups on the internet...

9b75764aceeb164e5eb4ba41882bb005.jpg
Hi Mark, do you use them?

I have the sunnylife and while several people report no problems, I have been unable to get these to work during the startup procedures

Reactions: johnmayo
I purchased set of 6 Sunnylife filters and they all foul gimbal.

Am currently in discussion with eBay vendor who are suggesting my Mavic is at fault!

Video here:

A lot of people here are saying you get what you pay for implying if you buy cheap you'll get a worse product. While this may be true most times with most things, the opposite isn't always the case. I could just as easily buy these for 5 dollars a pop, rebrand them and sell them for 30$, get some YouTubers to review them and sure as hell they'd vouch for their higher quality. This is a really ****** business and I loathe people who do it, I just wanted to give an example why more expensive isn't always better.

Reactions: skan
just bought sets 6 sunnylife filters, not sure but look like they upgrade the design, no more gimbal stuck... not test photos effect in actual... will check soon.

I think all around the world, people are saying that these filters are no good. Why even bother with them and risk your gimble, camera or AC?

I think all around the world, people are saying that these filters are no good. Why even bother with them and risk your gimble, camera or AC?
..not much choice for me here in my country.

I don't know anyone who regretted buying quality...

Higher price not always imply more quality.
It also depends on marketing, deals, price of labour, brands, intermediaries...

I've found this brands:
Neewer, Polar Pro, Sunnylife, PGYTECH, NiSi, Freewell, Fokom, Gobe, FSLabs, Neatotek, Aboom, Hooshion, Hooshion, Sandmarc, Tenenele, and some unbranded.
Some are really expensive.

Any bad experience with any of them?
I'm looking for the cheapest one producing acceptable image.

Last edited:
Sunnylife filters fouled the gimbal and would not pass self-test.

I received a refund.

I then used drill and home-made chuck from sanded down wine bottle to file them down so they would not foul, but then on one lens there was nothing left to hold the lens in!

I'd go with Polar Pro, as already commented.

Buy cheap, buy twice

What is the cheapest ND-graded filter I can buy for the Mavic Pro?

i bought a set for the mavic 2 pro, very happy with them, they fit very well and there is no problem with the gimbal or cover, loads cheaper than the big boys and just as good ;)

Tried the sunnylife filter, first time using it. Nd4 and my gimbal started going berzerk. I took it off though it was an easy snap-on and off. [emoji19]

i have the ND8 and the ND16 from sunnlife, for the Mavic 2 pro, they work great no problems at all and they use the same glass as the pgytech ones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart