DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Lost, Jacksonville, FL

Corran

Reactions
I was flying my mavic on the westside of Jacksonville, FL on 2-7-18 @ 8am watching the sun rise. I was returning to home when the drone hit "critically low." It said "landing." 10 seconds later it was still 2500 ft away at 125 ft high with12% battery when my controller completely lost signal and my image froze. When I lost signal, the drone said I had 3 minutes of flight time left. I immediately drove to the last known location, a krystals parking lot, and looked everywhere. I could not find the drone and have not seen it since. At no point did my controller re-establish connection or did I get any more information from the drone. I have posted fliers all over the neighborhood. If any one knows anything about the missing drone, please msg. or email [email protected] Thanks

Did you try the ''find my drone' option in the app? You might have to upload your flight data to the forum.

Screenshot_20180207-081418.png Screenshot_20180207-113623.png

I tried the find my drone, and looked all over the last known location, but no luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180207-081418.png
    Screenshot_20180207-081418.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 82
I looked at the flight record and its a bunch of funny characters.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-02-07_[07-04-32].txt
    1 MB · Views: 11
Hopefully someone will chime in that knows how to do it. I think you have to do it on a computer. I tried on my phone but couldn't.

T
I was flying my mavic on the westside of Jacksonville, FL on 2-7-18 @ 8am watching the sun rise. I was returning to home when the drone hit "critically low." It said "landing." 10 seconds later it was still 2500 ft away at 125 ft high with12% battery when my controller completely lost signal and my image froze. When I lost signal, the drone said I had 3 minutes of flight time left. I immediately drove to the last known location, a krystals parking lot, and looked everywhere. I could not find the drone and have not seen it since. At no point did my controller re-establish connection or did I get any more information from the drone. I have posted fliers all over the neighborhood. If any one knows anything about the missing drone, please msg. or email [email protected] Thanks
The best advice is to set low battery to 30% and start coming at the 30% mark or at least bring it in the line of sight. I am pretty sure someone took the drone if it descend in the parking lot.

Reactions: BluesDragon
Yah, tough lesson learned. When the drone was new, it seemed to last longer during those last 5 mins of flight time. I think the high winds ate my battery faster than I thought too. I only had a 12 min flight time. I wanted to go up, look at the sun rise and come back down. I didn't even touch the sticks. This is the first time I've actually been blown off course stronger than the drone could correct. The wind blew me 2500 feet away before I realized it. I guess it was fighting the wind the whole time. I am afraid someone took it when it landed as well.

I’d continue DJI support to report it missing in case a new person try to register it so they can at least aware that they aren’t the original owner. I wish dji had a find my drone like the apple software that let people pin point the location of their stolen device. At Least try to use the find my drone option every now and then. On a side note, or whenever you get your next drone. Never fly if it’s windy because it’s risky losing the drone. During my pre test flights in a mild wind situation, I would lift the drone about 50 meters, if it starts to slightly fighting the wind, I’d bring it back down . You can also invest in a wind meter off Amazon they are cheap. If the wind is 1/3 of the mavic max speed-then I won’t fly cause I hate losing money.

I am sorry for your lost buddy.

DJIGO 4 newer versions do have the find my drone option. You have to be connected to the Mavic Pro and it will show you a Longitude and Latitude.

That’s what I was thinking you have to be connected to it, as opposed to the iPhone which can be pin pointed from the apple or iCloud account.

Make sure you check Craigslist in jax to see if someone tries to sell it "without controller" . Hopefully there is something you can recognize to know if it's yours. Good luck.

I have the s/n. I almost engraved it with my name and phone number the other day. I wish I would have. I made a lost and found post on Craigslist.

How does the wind make you drift 2500ft and you not realize it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan