Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini 1 vs. Mini 2 comparison

AtkesS

Reactions
So here's what I got based on what I can find from online sources:

- Mini 2 has faster overall speed topping at 16 m/s
- Minimal increase in battery life at 31 minutes vs. 30 minutes
- Level 5 wind resistance (>8.5 m/s) vs. level 4 (8 m/s)
- Mini 2 has 4k recording up to 30 fps
- Mini 2 has up to 4x zoom, lossless at 2x
- Video Bitrate is at 100Mbps vs 40Mbps
- Mini 2 can now shoot RAW
- 10km flight range vs. 4km
- Video transmission system now utilizes OcuSync 2.0 with 8 Mbps max bitrate
- Added features include Panorama, Enhanced Photos (not sure how this works), and Trimmed Download (can cut long clips directly from DJI Fly app)

Size and weight are still basically the same. The Mini 2 is priced at 449 USD for the Standard Package and 599 USD for the Fly More Combo.

What about the uncommanded descent problem of the mini 1? Have they magically fixed that too?

The Mini 2 is definitely better than the Mini 1. If I had known back then what would happen now, I would have, could have, should have, waited.

But no sense abandoning the Mini 1 for now. Still enjoying this little bugger.

Maybe the next upgrade I should be looking at will be the Mavic Air 3? Hmmmm ? ?
Well, I'm looking forward to a full-size Mavic 3, maybe they'll have something to actually compete with Skydio...

The Mini 2 is definitely better than the Mini 1. If I had known back then what would happen now, I would have, could have, should have, waited.

But no sense abandoning the Mini 1 for now. Still enjoying this little bugger.

Maybe the next upgrade I should be looking at will be the Mavic Air 3? Hmmmm ? ?

Same, I had my mini for less than a month now. But now I have to decide if the Air 2 is superior enough to get as a second drone, or if the Mini 2 would work just the same.

Reactions: uavsgt and OUTBACK
Video transmission system now utilizes OcuSync 2.0
I thought the OcuSync 2.0 unit was too big and only for larger drones like the Mavic 2. How did they take away enough weight to compensate for it? Also this drone is much smaller than the Mavic 2 sooo, size issue too?

Reactions: Pnwpilot
Confirmed a few things about the DJI Mini 2.

1. MM1 Batteries are backwards compatible but will increase weight past 250g. (256g)
2. Air 2 Controller Accessories are compatible.
3. MM1 Accessories are compatible(more testing required)
4. M2 is slightly heavier than the MM1.

Here is my quandary.

I ordered a skin from my Mini 1 from Decal Girl. I made the order sometime the last week of September and because of my distance and possible COVID situation, I only received the skin today, 5 November.

This skin will also fit the Mini 2 like a glove. It is just there, fresh and screaming to be installed.

Now, do I install this on my Mini 1 or take a bit of time and see if the Mini 2 bug bites me and I have to buy an, errrrrr, Ocusync controller?

?

Confirmed a few things about the DJI Mini 2.

1. MM1 Batteries are backwards compatible but will increase weight past 250g. (256g)
2. Air 2 Controller Accessories are compatible.
3. MM1 Accessories are compatible(more testing required)
4. M2 is slightly heavier than the MM1.
Are you sure about it being heavier? Mini 2 specs are that its 242 grams with battery and SD card. Seems lighter to me.

Hmmm, backward compatibility of the batteries is big game changer.

Weight is not an issue here as drones less than 7kgs do not need to be registered.

Could encourage more Mini 1 owners to shift to the Mini 2, me including :) ?

Reactions: DanMan32
Are you sure about it being heavier? Mini 2 specs are that its 242 grams with battery and SD card. Seems lighter to me.
Without a battery the Mini 1 weighs in at 149.4g

Without a battery the Mini 2 weighs in at 157.2g

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme