DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini 1 vs. Mini 2 comparison

Mini 2 is far better than Mini 1, specially transmission. Max range tested for Mini 1 using 5.8 Ghz is about 450 meters. 2.4 Ghz doesnot work here due to high interference. Some sensors be added to such a long flying range drone, it would be definitely a plus, but have increased weight.

Why definitely not?
It has already proven to be possible with the Mavic 1 and litche, so not sure why the mini “definitely” won’t have it
Probably meant not out of the box, it was a long time until the SDK was available and Litchi developed their own.

If the batteries are compatible, I might trade up but keep the FM extras. I too am not concerned about the weight. I only record in 1080p but OC2, zoom, other new functions and UDB C based makes it appealing for the extra $50. I wouldn't pay $200 (compared to MM1 FMC) extra for the FMC however. Quite frankly the extras with the MM1 FMC was a steal.

The original M1 batteries weigh more which could have reduced flight time, but the M1 batteries have more capacity so it's probably a wash when it comes to flight time.

I found that the case that came with the M1 FMC isn't available separately. I really liked that case. It may work for the MM2 AC, but it won't work for the RC as the RC is bigger.

Yahoo! Definitely a big plus :D
Although they seem to fit it might be worth checking whether or not MM'1' batteries are secure in the MM2 battery compartment. The video I saw suggested that the MM'1' battery is narrower than the MM2 battery. If correct it might leave wiggle room and cause problems.
Also bear in mind an MM'1' battery apparently puts the drones weight over 250g.

I thought the OcuSync 2.0 unit was too big and only for larger drones like the Mavic 2. How did they take away enough weight to compensate for it? Also this drone is much smaller than the Mavic 2 sooo, size issue too?
The larger drones have a duel band 2.4ghz/5ghz ocusync system.

Why definitely not?
It has already proven to be possible with the Mavic 1 and litche, so not sure why the mini “definitely” won’t have it
The question is about whether the Mini 2 has active track. To be able to track a moving object, the drone must have 3D vision. ie, obstacle avoidance sensors at the front. The Mini 2 does not have that.

I can understand no active track but follow me in litchi works well from what I have seen as has waypoints. Would be nice to see those modes

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird