DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini aux live feed?

Mav.phant.inspire

Reactions
I have a crazy idea that id be willing to put some effort in to make happen. Is there any way i could mount my GoPro hero 8 to the mm and then feed the gopros video into the minis wifi video broadcast? Ideally monitoring the GoPro from the dji app. I know It sounds crazy. Does anyone have any ideas?

Well, if the mini can lift the extra weight of the gopro + mount, then all you need is to re-write the firmware to read video from the go-pro in flight via the USB port , transcode as necessary and transmit instead of the mini's own video, transmitting 2 streams may be too much for the wifi connection and would need you to re-write the phone app as well.
Reverse engineering DJI's firmware isn't crazy, just very time consuming and may require picking up some new skills (obviously it helps if you've done it before).

• Haha
Reactions: brett8883 and Malcx
Well, if the mini can lift the extra weight of the gopro + mount, then all you need is to re-write the firmware to read video from the go-pro in flight via the USB port , transcode as necessary and transmit instead of the mini's own video, transmitting 2 streams may be too much for the wifi connection and would need you to re-write the phone app as well.
Reverse engineering DJI's firmware isn't crazy, just very time consuming and may require picking up some new skills (obviously it helps if you've done it before).
Is that all it would take?

It would be much easier, faster, and would work better to just design and build a new drone from the ground up.

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
Get a fpv drone that can carry a gopro

Reactions: brett8883
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krasto