DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Batteries only charging until 98%

BeauMini

Reactions
My Mavic Mini Batteries are only charging until 98%. The four indicator lights on the charging hub were solid, so I put the battery in the drone. On my device, it said that the battery was at 98%. This happened again with another battery. It has nothing to do with the battery sitting out, because I immediately put it in the drone. Is this anything to worry about? Should I discharge the batteries fully, and then try charging them again? I have not had the drone very long, and have flown each of my three batteries about 10 times. I usually land the drone at 20%.

Sorry for the length of this post

Please help me,
Beau

My Mavic Mini Batteries are only charging until 98%. The four indicator lights on the charging hub were solid, so I put the battery in the drone. On my device, it said that the battery was at 98%. This happened again with another battery. It has nothing to do with the battery sitting out, because I immediately put it in the drone. Is this anything to worry about? Should I discharge the batteries fully, and then try charging them again? I have not had the drone very long, and have flown each of my three batteries about 10 times. I usually land the drone at 20%.

Sorry for the length of this post

Please help me,
Beau
the batteries will only charge to a certain level and then the balance part of the charge takes place at the end of the charge cycle are you using the hub that came with the flymore kit to charge them it charges them in order of remaining charge ,the one with the most first ,make sure that they are not getting too hot when you are charging them ,i would use a small desk fan blowing on the hub and mains adapter during the charging process, the actual charge shown is not super accurate either

Last edited:
I am new to all this, but my battery experience is the same as yours. I have never exceeded 98% charge on any of my batteries, of which I have four. I have and use the hub for most charging. The fourth battery I typically charge in the mini itself...but with the same result...max charge...98%.

Reactions: BeauMini
I am new to all this, but my battery experience is the same as yours. I have never exceeded 98% charge on any of my batteries, of which I have four. I have and use the hub for most charging. The fourth battery I typically charge in the mini itself...but with the same result...max charge...98%.

Ok thanks, that helps a lot.

Customer support says to discharge the battery. If I decide to do so, do I let the drone completely die, or just turn it off at 0%?

I would say anything between 40 and 10% is ok. Also 98% is better than 100%...battery will last longer. All the best.

I would say anything between 40 and 10% is ok. Also 98% is better than 100%...battery will last longer. All the best.
Maybe just turning on the drone and doing its self calibration sucks 2% of the battery !? Just a thought

..And don't forget that batteries installed in any equipment will loose some charge overtime even if not used .

Yeah, I tested the batteries instantly after they were done charging tho. Thanks for the thought.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilldale Harry