DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini can carry a Go pro

Interesting experiment but buy a Mavic Mini to carry a GoPro to get video of a quality that the Mini can't deliver? Get a Mavic Air......

But cool video and the creativity if always fun!!!

Reactions: Mavic 57
Interesting, from the balancing act at the start he may not have had it back enough to balance better.
Either way battery life is going to be down a bit.

Very stable considering size and weight, top heavy !!

Agree, creative use type of exercise, filming forward as normal and rear view with GP would be interesting.

Wonder how my GoPro session 5 would work on my Spark ??

You do know they sell a "Snap Adapter" for mounting things on top:
Buy Mavic Mini Snap Adapter - DJI Store

And the app has an option for additional payload (which I assumed was for the rotor guards).

Surprised to see them recommending that snap adapter, let alone make and sell it themselves.
I can't find that LED screen on their site ?
Maybe it's a local China thing, like they love doing those drone light shows, guess that's what the LED screen is for.

Specs on the mount say 30g payload, as you'd expect, quite minimal.
The GP8 is 126g, the mount probably 10g or so ?

Don't think warranty will be available ?

actually when the prop guards are fitted the drone knows and changes the flight characteristics to compensate

actually when the prop guards are fitted the drone knows and changes the flight characteristics to compensate

Yes, in fact anything added (like an offset strobe, skin, prop guards) the GPS guidance just adapts each motor to keep it stable.
Of course these are light, with prop guards they are balanced and on each motor anyway, and low COG.

That GP8 is very very heavy in comparison, and where fitted top heavy it's good to see such stability.
It may add a lot of pressure to motors though adapting to the shifts, unless that mount was perfectly dead centred to at least keep each motors work fairly even.
In movement the effects of weight shift would make motors work a lot harder too.

Hence battery life would be very affected not only from the extra weight, but the constantly changing motor shifts to keep it stable.

I couldn't watch the whole thing, skipped through, did the video advise a run time with the GP8 fitted ?

Reactions: old man mavic
the vids that alex does are very entertaining, i have seen many of his crash resistance ones where he sees how much abuse the drone can take he likes to push the limits and sometimes it is a total disaster, i think that no one would buy a MM to put a gopro on it ,and for sure even though it managed to fly quite well, it would impact in many different ways on the overall performance of the drone ,from the batteries to the motors and the ESCs and the IMU,as it would be flying outside of its normal capabilities

the vids that alex does are very entertaining, i have seen many of his crash resistance ones where he sees how much abuse the drone can take he likes to push the limits and sometimes it is a total disaster, i think that no one would buy a MM to put a gopro on it ,and for sure even though it managed to fly quite well, it would impact in many different ways on the overall performance of the drone ,from the batteries to the motors and the ESCs and the IMU,as it would be flying outside of its normal capabilities

Yes an entertainment type of test, I am too serious sometimes.
I recall all the 'how much can a M1P lift' videos on YouTube back in 2016 / 2017 :)

Reactions: old man mavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661