DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini (CE) cannot switch to 5.8GHz.

1. Please uninstall the 1.1.5 APP first and restart the phone.
2. Please download and install the v1.1.2 installation package - ( HERE ). The v1.1.2 normally display the 2.4/5.8Ghz.
3. Then, you may update to 1.1.5 through the APP.

Note: This is only available for Android phones, please let us know if the issue will resolve and Apple users currently do not support the above solutions.

Once i installed the app, i restarted my phone again, before updating to current firmware.
Also ensure you restart your computer after install also

Thank you so much i can finaly see 5.8GHz channels. But are we supposed to use the 1.1.2 version now all the time? I cant find the update button for the app.

Thank you so much i can finaly see 5.8GHz channels. But are we supposed to use the 1.1.2 version now all the time? I cant find the update button for the app.
Hi

I'm glad you see it now. There is no update button, as the app should and will update itself.

Try disconnecting from your WiFi and restarting your phone. I had a few similar issues when I'd downgraded and followed the above steps.

It will update. You should see the initialising screen on startup when you run the app. This means it's updating.

Let me add my experience.

I am using an iPhone 6s and even if I switch the transmission to MANUAL, the are no 5.8ghz signals.

My model is the CE version with 2.4 and 5.8 transmission bands so going to MANUAL, I should have 1-13 and 149 - 165 bands. Sadly, I only got 1-13 on my iPhone even if I chose MANUAL.

Here is how I got the 5.8ghz bands on the Fly App in my iPhone.

1. I downloaded the v1.1.2 version above (lots of thanks for this by the way) to my computer then transferred the file to my Android Phone. In this case it is an OPPO A9 2020. I installed the APK on my Android phone. Lots of YT tutorials on how to install APK files from the PC to the Phone.

NOTE: In my case, I had the newer Fly App version on my Android phone so I uninstalled this first and then restarted the phone before I installed the older Fly App APK

2. I then connected the Android phone to the controller and turned on the Mini.

3. I opened the Fly App and entered my log-in email and password. The Fly App then connected to the aircraft, the GO FLY button appeared and I clicked on it.

4. I went to SETTINGS, then TRANSMISSION and changed this to MANUAL. I then saw all the 2.4ghz bands (1-13) and 5.8ghz bands (149 upwards)

I then turned off the Mini, turned off the controller and disconnected the Android phone

5. I then connected my iPhone to the controller; turned on the Mini; then turned on the controller. I waited for the controller to connect to the Mini

6. Then I opened the Fly App and clicked GO FLY.

Honestly, I was not expecting that the TRANSMISSION settings will change and that I will still be stuck in the 2.4ghz band range in my iPhone since I installed FLY APP v1.1.2 on my Android phone

7. I went to SETTINGS, clicked TRANSMISSION, then MANUAL and to my surprise, I already had the 5.8ghz bands on my iPhone.

I checked the FLY APP version on the iPhone and it is still on version 1.1.5.

I think that by connecting the Mini to the Android first, it changed the settings there and these were stored and then now accessed by the iPhone.

Hope this helps

EDIT: I checked my settings again and I am on Fly App version 1.1.9. already, the latest version. Aircraft firmware and FlySafe Database are also updated and the latest versions.

I still have my 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz bands on transmission. Funny thing is that even on AUTO mode for a CE model, I am still on 5.8ghz if I choose this band. I thought that if you choose AUTO, then only the 2.4ghz bands will appear. Is this normal? Not complaining though. Pics below

Attachments

• About - Fly App Version 1.1.9.PNG
    About - Fly App Version 1.1.9.PNG
    335.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Transmission - Auto Mode all Bands.PNG
    Transmission - Auto Mode all Bands.PNG
    304.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Transmission - Auto Mode 2.4ghz.PNG
    Transmission - Auto Mode 2.4ghz.PNG
    322.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Transmission - Auto Mode 5.8ghz.PNG
    Transmission - Auto Mode 5.8ghz.PNG
    324.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Transmission - Manual Mode 2.4ghz.PNG
    Transmission - Manual Mode 2.4ghz.PNG
    340.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Transmission - Manual Mode 5.8ghz all bands.PNG
    Transmission - Manual Mode 5.8ghz all bands.PNG
    296.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: dawgpilot
I would like to add that if you unlock the 5.8GHz with the method user @JaiSingh7 mentioned, you can then delete the app and install the newest version of DJI fly from the play store it will still work. Since i had trouble updating it from in-app.

1. Please uninstall the 1.1.5 APP first and restart the phone.
2. Please download and install the v1.1.2 installation package - ( HERE ). The v1.1.2 normally display the 2.4/5.8Ghz.
3. Then, you may update to 1.1.5 through the APP.

Note: This is only available for Android phones, please let us know if the issue will resolve and Apple users currently do not support the above solutions.

Once i installed the app, i restarted my phone again, before updating to current firmware.
Thanks my friend :D great work
for me is working great
Thumbs up

Let me add my experience.

I am using an iPhone 6s and even if I switch the transmission to MANUAL, the are no 5.8ghz signals.

My model is the CE version with 2.4 and 5.8 transmission bands so going to MANUAL, I should have 1-13 and 149 - 165 bands. Sadly, I only got 1-13 on my iPhone even if I chose MANUAL.

Here is how I got the 5.8ghz bands on the Fly App in my iPhone.

1. I downloaded the v1.1.2 version above (lots of thanks for this by the way) to my computer then transferred the file to my Android Phone. In this case it is an OPPO A9 2020. I installed the APK on my Android phone. Lots of YT tutorials on how to install APK files from the PC to the Phone.

NOTE: In my case, I had the newer Fly App version on my Android phone so I uninstalled this first and then restarted the phone before I installed the older Fly App APK

2. I then connected the Android phone to the controller and turned on the Mini.

3. I opened the Fly App and entered my log-in email and password. The Fly App then connected to the aircraft, the GO FLY button appeared and I clicked on it.

4. I went to SETTINGS, then TRANSMISSION and changed this to MANUAL. I then saw all the 2.4ghz bands (1-13) and 5.8ghz bands (149 upwards)

I then turned off the Mini, turned off the controller and disconnected the Android phone

5. I then connected my iPhone to the controller; turned on the Mini; then turned on the controller. I waited for the controller to connect to the Mini

6. Then I opened the Fly App and clicked GO FLY.

Honestly, I was not expecting that the TRANSMISSION settings will change and that I will still be stuck in the 2.4ghz band range in my iPhone since I installed FLY APP v1.1.2 on my Android phone

7. I went to SETTINGS, clicked TRANSMISSION, then MANUAL and to my surprise, I already had the 5.8ghz bands on my iPhone.

I checked the FLY APP version on the iPhone and it is still on version 1.1.5.

I think that by connecting the Mini to the Android first, it changed the settings there and these were stored and then now accessed by the iPhone.

Hope this helps

EDIT: I checked my settings again and I am on Fly App version 1.1.9. already, the latest version. Aircraft firmware and FlySafe Database are also updated and the latest versions.

I still have my 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz bands on transmission. Funny thing is that even on AUTO mode for a CE model, I am still on 5.8ghz if I choose this band. I thought that if you choose AUTO, then only the 2.4ghz bands will appear. Is this normal? Not complaining though. Pics below

My model is Model MT1SS5: 5.725-5.850 GHz. Is there any way to get both 2.4 and 5.8?

Other than buying the CE version of the Mini, no.

I was always wondering if you can just buy the remote and then match this up to your Mini. If this is possible, then maybe buying a CE remote is more cost effective assuming you cannot unlock any 2.4ghz channels in an FCC remote/Mini.

Which begs to ask the question: in the unlikely event that your remote gets lost, can you buy a replacement remote? ?

I was always wondering if you can just buy the remote and then match this up to your Mini. If this is possible, then maybe buying a CE remote is more cost effective assuming you cannot unlock any 2.4ghz channels in an FCC remote/Mini.

Which begs to ask the question: in the unlikely event that your remote gets lost, can you buy a replacement remote? ?

About $35 used and $55 new on Ebay here in the states.

Last edited:
Interesting.

So if I have a CE Mini with unlocked 5.8ghz bands, I can buy an FCC remote and use this?

I wonder if any forumer here has tried this, er, "combination"

? ?

I think you need a CE Drone and a CE controller.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair