DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini (CE) cannot switch to 5.8GHz.

Nawfaal

Reactions
Hi All, it’s been two days since I received my MM. It’s doing great in place where there is no interference in 2.4GHz. In the city, I want to change it to 5.8Ghz but the channels are limited to 1-11 only. You can barely fly 40m in distance in dense city. I cannot find a solution for this. Please take note that I have a Spark and 5.8Ghz works fine in my country, Mauritius. The screenshot shows that my channels are limited to 2.4Ghz only. I tried reinstalling the DJI Fly app. The problem persists and I cannot switch to 5.8Ghz. FYI, I have the CE version. Can someone advise on this matter please?

CED47798-4D30-4AB5-88B3-106D793AB929.png

This was widely known before it was released. DJI published it on the tech spec on their web site that the CE version would only operate in 2.4 In Europe didn’t they?

This was widely known before it was released. DJI published it on the tech spec on their web site that the CE version would only operate in 2.4 In Europe didn’t they?
Note the location tag on the OP Lastrexking ... Mauritius ... Mauritius - middle of the Indian Ocean ... :)

the CE version would only operate in 2.4 In Europe didn’t they?
Nope. CE version operates in both, 2.4 and 5GHz. The FCC model is limited to 5GHz
  • Operating Frequency
    • Model MT1SS5: 5.725-5.850 GHz
    • Model MT1SD25: 2.400-2.4835 GHz, 5.725-5.850 GHz

But I don't have a clue of legal frequency bands in Mauritius, maybe they are restricted to 2.4GHz band.

Might be worth moving this thread to the Mavic Mini section for better response.....

Yes my Spark can switch to 5.8GHz in Mauritius. And it states clearly on DJI’s website that both models have 5.8GHz. :(

Nope. CE version operates in both, 2.4 and 5GHz. The FCC model is limited to 5GHz
  • Operating Frequency
    • Model MT1SS5: 5.725-5.850 GHz
    • Model MT1SD25: 2.400-2.4835 GHz, 5.725-5.850 GHz

But I don't have a clue of legal frequency bands in Mauritius, maybe they are restricted to 2.4GHz band.

Might be worth moving this thread to the Mavic Mini section for better response.....
I’m a new member. What do you mean by the Mavic Mini section?

Hi guys! Got a fix that worked! Follow the steps below:
1. Get an Android Phone.
2. Downloaded the Fake GPS Locator from Play Store, the one shown in the attached pictures.
3. Run the Fake GPS service and faked my location to Paris, France.
4. Downloaded and opened DJI Fly on the Android phone with RC connected. Complete the app set up before proceeding to the next step.
6. Turn RC first, then the Mavic Mini.
7. As soon as the RC connects to the drone, quickly enter in Transmission settings before the satellites connect and receive the home point.
8. Switch to Manual and hit on a 5.8GHz channel and VOILA!
9. I then disconnected everything and used my iPhone again and now the 5.8GHz works fine on my iPhone in Mauritius!

I hope this helps other people! Now I can die in peace :)

Attachments

• 4A2BF0AA-7C66-4F18-935E-5F7E0D8AB0A5.png
    4A2BF0AA-7C66-4F18-935E-5F7E0D8AB0A5.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
  • 51BFD777-8D9B-4A61-8D58-BCC20F1DE9A3.png
    51BFD777-8D9B-4A61-8D58-BCC20F1DE9A3.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
  • DF920463-DFF8-4832-ACF3-4E1849DA2BD7.png
    DF920463-DFF8-4832-ACF3-4E1849DA2BD7.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
there is a thread showing different chips soldered in CE and FCC versions - CE has a bridge and FCC has an amp instead. look it around, it is here on this site somewhere

Hi guys! Got a fix that worked! Follow the steps below:
1. Get an Android Phone.
2. Downloaded the Fake GPS Locator from Play Store, the one shown in the attached pictures.
3. Run the Fake GPS service and faked my location to Paris, France.
4. Downloaded and opened DJI Fly on the Android phone with RC connected. Complete the app set up before proceeding to the next step.
6. Turn RC first, then the Mavic Mini.
7. As soon as the RC connects to the drone, quickly enter in Transmission settings before the satellites connect and receive the home point.
8. Switch to Manual and hit on a 5.8GHz channel and VOILA!
9. I then disconnected everything and used my iPhone again and now the 5.8GHz works fine on my iPhone in Mauritius!

I hope this helps other people! Now I can die in peace :)

hey I did all the same and it worked until I used Android, when I git back to iPhone is switched back to 2.4. What is the problem?

hey I did all the same and it worked until I used Android, when I git back to iPhone is switched back to 2.4. What is the problem?
I’m not quite sure, are your location services on, on your iPhone? Also, you can try doing the same steps again but before, delete the iPhone app first and reinstall it, so that it clears all saved data for the app and does not keep your location locked to what has been set when you set up your Mavic Mini. You can try resetting your Mavic Mini as well, set it up with the Android app first then switch to iPhone.

there is a thread showing different chips soldered in CE and FCC versions - CE has a bridge and FCC has an amp instead. look it around, it is here on this site somewhere
This is not relevant here. The CE version is technically able to use both bands (and should thus show the channels >100), the FCC is not.
Question remains why a CE version doesn't offer 5GHz in Mauritius.

Same here. I only have 1-11 channels listed. Tried to make it happen with fake gps but no luck... Any help pls

I also have 1-11 channels listed. I Tried everything, using fake GPS apps resting the firmware on the RC and drone. I contacted support the asked for flight data and stuff and told me few things to try with no success. They said there should be any reason why it is not working with 5.8GHz freq. They told me to send the drone for repair. I went and replaced the drone from the store i bought it and the second brand new drone doesn't work also with 5.8GHz.
I am desperate for a concise answer.. I live in densely populated area and all bars on all 11 channels all full red i cant fly more than 30 -40 meters with line of sight of the drone.

1. Please uninstall the 1.1.5 APP first and restart the phone.
2. Please download and install the v1.1.2 installation package - ( HERE ). The v1.1.2 normally display the 2.4/5.8Ghz.
3. Then, you may update to 1.1.5 through the APP.

Note: This is only available for Android phones, please let us know if the issue will resolve and Apple users currently do not support the above solutions.

Once i installed the app, i restarted my phone again, before updating to current firmware.

Reactions: simeon76

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike