DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Dashware Data Profile

120CCPM

Reactions
In case someone still uses DashWare, here's a Data Profile for the CSV files created by TXTlogToCSVtoolMM.exe (version 2019/12/29), available on Phantom Pilots.
The zip file contains the Data Profile, DataTypes, a gauge and installation notes. Sample screenshot here below:

DashWare Mavic Mini_resize.jpg

Attachments

• DashWare Mavic Mini.zip
    758 KB · Views: 87
Version 2 attached:
- changed "altitude" to "height" to make clear it's not absolute elevation but relative to takeoff point
- added metric gauge
- better instructions

Attachments

• DashWare Mavic Mini v2.zip
    967.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Reactions: PanX and m80116
Not inventing or reinventing anything, the DashWare Data Profile I had for the P3S did not work for the MM, so I tweaked it and made it available for everyone to try. If you have another way to get MM data displayed in DashWare, please post it so we can check it out.

Reactions: m80116 and Ralle
Reactions: m80116
Thank You so much for sharing this information and your profiles :)Thumbswayup

Thinking of using this data overlay at some point.

Thank You so much for sharing this information and your profiles :)Thumbswayup

Thinking of using this data overlay at some point.

You welcome! I'm still a fan of DashWare, even if the software clearly shows its age. I think the company was based here in San Diego, before getting acquired by GoPro around 2015. They managed to release some new versions even after that, which is quite remarkable. It's not the most intuitive piece of software around, it definitely has its perks, but once you know how to use it everything makes sense.

Last edited:
GoPro Quick is an abysmal piece of kit, I know from experience.

I wish at some point this kind of templates could make their way into something like Movie Studio or Resolve so one could technically embed them and edit without 2 different recoding jobs.

Thanks again anyway for your contribution.

I wish at some point this kind of templates could make their way into something like Movie Studio or Resolve so one could technically embed them and edit without 2 different recoding jobs.

You can use DashWare to generate the gauges on a solid background, then use chroma key to put them on your video, with your editor of choice. See this tutorial for details.
As a side note, I did a test years ago with a green background and when I removed it, all the gauges had a bit of a green halo around the edges, which looked horrible. I'm not very good at video editing, so it could have been something I did with the chroma key filter, but in any case I switched to a more natural color (I used light brown as my video had a lot of brown in it, it was a dirt-bike on an MX track) and it worked out quite well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrveronn and m80116
You can use DashWare to generate the gauges on a solid background, then use chroma key to put them on your video, with your editor of choice. See this tutorial for details.
As a side note, I did a test years ago with a green background and when I removed it, all the gauges had a bit of a green halo around the edges, which looked horrible. I'm not very good at video editing, so it could have been something I did with the chroma key filter, but in any case I switched to a more natural color (I used light brown as my video had a lot of brown in it, it was a dirt-bike on an MX track) and it worked out quite well.

I'm using Dashware v1.9.1 which will do 4K video.

What version are you using?

I'm still on 1.7.37. I did tried 1.9.0 when it came out, but it was unstable on my Windows 7 machine, so I went back to 1.7.37. I have not tried 1.9.1.
I know 1.9.0 introduced some new capabilities to help importing gauges into a video editor, but I never looked into it. Would that help what m80116 was asking?

Yes I've been using dashware for a few years, adding gauges to my flight videos on you tube. I've used that cluster of gauges. Only this with it. you have to go into the data file (CSV) and make a colum for the Watts. who wrote it did not program that in to it. I normally use the cell 6. I don't write or make the gauges but I'll tweak them a little.

I'm still on 1.7.37. I did tried 1.9.0 when it came out, but it was unstable on my Windows 7 machine, so I went back to 1.7.37. I have not tried 1.9.1.
I know 1.9.0 introduced some new capabilities to help importing gauges into a video editor, but I never looked into it. Would that help what m80116 was asking?

the reason I was asking is becausesince 1.9.0 there is a bug where dashware crashes when you try to render a video. I have to convert my videos to 30fps and add audio for Dashware to play nice with it.

the reason I was asking is becausesince 1.9.0 there is a bug where dashware crashes when you try to render a video. I have to convert my videos to 30fps and add audio for Dashware to play nice with it.

Yes, I was having issues with 1.9.0 when rendering the video, and that's why I went back to 1.7.37. None of the 1.9.x improvements was important to me, to justify going through the audio workaround. Speaking of which, I recommend using Avidemux for that, or any other program that is able to add the audio track without re-encoding the video, otherwise you lose quality (and time).

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54