DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini-distance range flight problem

MirzaMIKI50

Reactions
Hi guys,i am new to drone world.I bought the mavic mini (CE) edition in Europa.I have a problem.When I start flying,everything is ok in one direction,but when I turn around and start flying in the opposite direction it gives me only 50 meters limit flight in that diretion. I dont know what to do.I live next to my capital city.The whole city is under GEO zone and i cant even start to fly my drone in there but thats ok I understand that,but this problem which I have its happening outside the GEO zones.Is it possible to make a limit to my flight because I am moving in the GEO zone even thought the GEO zone is a few kilometers away from my home point.If someone can help me it would really mean a lot to me.
P.S Check the pics for the GEO zones that I am talking about

Attachments

• DJI MM.jpg
    DJI MM.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 136
  • DJI MM1.jpg
    DJI MM1.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 133
  • DJI MM 2.jpg
    DJI MM 2.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
I didnt chose that mode it came like that.How can I exit that mode, and on drone is added protection propellers that came with drone and I bought a landing gear(exstended legs) for it. THX for the replay.

Take off the propeller guards when flying outside. The added weight can automatically activate payload mode and they catch the wind so you get blown around more.

Reactions: Mavic_Mini_Pilot
As per the manual (p 32):
If accessories are mounted to Mavic Mini, it is recommended to enable Payload mode for enhanced safety. After takeoff, Payload mode is enabled automatically if a payload is detected. Note that the Max Service Ceiling above Sea Level is 1500 m and the max flight speed is limited when Payload mode is enabled.
The Find My Drone feature helps to find the location of the aircraft on the ground.

You should also consider that flying with the propeller guard outside makes the drone more susceptible to wind, and payload mode flight speed limits will make it more difficult to control in gusts. Might be better to restrict yourself to near flights until you feel more confident, and then remove the propeller guard to fly without these limits.

when you put the prop guards on the drone will select payload mode itself there is no way to disable it it is meant to be for indoor flying as there are no sensors on the drone to prevent it hitting objects in its path

I’d remove the extended landing gear legs too. I helped a friend fix irratic flight issues on a mavic pro that were caused by extending landing legs...

Just to add I fly with the extended landing legs and two cree strobe lights on the back legs with no issues . (CE version)

Being this new to the Mini - please read your manual very carefully and download UAV Forecast Application, we all use it to prevent bad times. The Mini is truly the best drone I've ever owned, also my first & only one, lol!

Just finished work - going home now to fly my baby drone...

I attached the pgytech landing gear to my mm. I could only fly a short distance. It then told me max distance reached and would not fly any further. Even though the no limit was set. What’s the fix. I tried p mode and a mode.

Being this new to the Mini - please read your manual very carefully and download UAV Forecast Application, we all use it to prevent bad times. The Mini is truly the best drone I've ever owned, also my first & only one, lol!

Just finished work - going home now to fly my baby drone...
What is a manual. ?

Reactions: EyesWideShut
I attached the pgytech landing gear to my mm. I could only fly a short distance. It then told me max distance reached and would not fly any further. Even though the no limit was set. What’s the fix. I tried p mode and a mode.
its because its gone into payload mode, which restricts the height and distance the drone can go ,the thing is the landing gear should not be heavy enough to trip it, go in to settings in the app screen and disable payload mode and then give it a try

its because its gone into payload mode, which restricts the height and distance the drone can go ,the thing is the landing gear should not be heavy enough to trip it, go in to settings in the app screen and disable payload mode and then give it a try
So even though I never activated payload it automatically did. I will try that next time. Thanks

Reactions: old man mavic
I’d remove the extended landing gear legs too. I helped a friend fix irratic flight issues on a mavic pro that were caused by extending landing legs...

It’s posible the extended landing accessory it’s interfering the antenas of the mini

Reactions: J2ps

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky