DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini distance test fcc in europe 4.6km one way with gps hack and tozo antena

Geri87

Reactions
Dji mavic mini distance test fcc in europe 4.6km one way with gps hack and tozo antena.Never got this far.Amazing conditions 15km/h gusts and 5 km/h wind.With a tripod maybe would have got 5 km i dont think a stock battery can handle more than that.Just wanted to share since it was my objective and made it possible after the first crashed(not by distance test) and another replaced mini.Thanks

Dji mavic mini distance test fcc in europe 4.6km one way with gps hack and tozo antena.Never got this far.Amazing conditions 15km/h gusts and 5 km/h wind.With a tripod maybe would have got 5 km i dont think a stock battery can handle more than that.Just wanted to share since it was my objective and made it possible after the first crashed(not by distance test) and another replaced mini.Thanks

Nice,
What version of the Fly app were you running ?
I was told that after 1.1.0 the hack would no longer work. I can't confirm this...

If you are on a hill (just like the guy from Hawaii did), it is possible to reach these distances.

You can always (most of the time anyway) get good transmission connectivity if you are high up and away from the madding urban (and semi urban) wifi areas.

Nice job! :)

If you are on a hill (just like the guy from Hawaii did), it is possible to reach these distances.

You can always (most of the time anyway) get good transmission connectivity if you are high up and away from the madding urban (and semi urban) wifi areas.

Nice job! :)
I totally agree.Top of the hills and in the beach the transmission is fantastic.

Just an aside and as I continue to learn - the RTH height is defined at >your menu figure< above take off point? That is, there is no chance of the aircraft being confused as the ground level is clearly much further under it once it leaves the hill is there?

Just an aside and as I continue to learn - the RTH height is defined at >your menu figure< above take off point? That is, there is no chance of the aircraft being confused as the ground level is clearly much further under it once it leaves the hill is there?
Correct. RTH height is only relative to your takeoff point, as is the height readout at the bottom of the screen in the fly app. Take off from a hill top and fly out over a valley, then descend and you will get a negative altitude. Initiate RTH and the drone will rise back up to what it thinks is 0m altitude and then onwards up to the height you set in the menu for RTH.

The only way the Mini knows how far above the ground it is via the proximity sensors underneath, and then it needs to be close enough for them to actually detect the ground (typically less than 10m). These don't affect the altitude displayed, only assist in slowing down the descent as you come in to land.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll