DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Error 40012 + 30066 after Flex Ribbon Cable replacement

ma-mod

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I've bought an Mavic Mini where the Ribboncable to the Gimbal Yaw motor driver board was broken/tattered.
I've ordered an replacement cable and replaced it, all plugs are plugged in fine but unfortunately I am getting these errors:

"Gimbal unable to connect. Repairs required. Contact DJI Support for assistance" - Code: 40012
"IMU initializing. Retrieving IMU data" - Code 30066

"Gimbal calibration error. Restart aircraft or contact DJI Support if the issue persists" - Code: 40011
"Gimbal stuck. Check whether gimbal cover is removed and make sure gimbal can rotate freely on all three axes" - Code: 40002
1643818887432.jpg

Interestingly, the first 2 errors were added after the replacement. before (with broken flexcable, they were not here)

Before the replacement, it was just:
"Gimbal calibration error. Restart aircraft or contact DJI Support if the issue persists" - Code: 40011
"Gimbal stuck. Check whether gimbal cover is removed and make sure gimbal can rotate freely on all three axes" - Code: 40002
1643818887423.jpg

• I dont have issues to find GPS Signal, this is working fine
  • I am able to calibrate the IMU via DJI Fly App without any problems
  • On Firmware 0200, 0300, 0400, 0500 = I am not able to calibrate the Gimbal via DJI Fly App (it will be stuck at 0% and move the Gimbal slowly into one corner)
  • On Firmware 0320 (some "calibration firmware" i found in the WWW = It will calibrate the Gimbal and then will be stuck at 95% after it finished - but the Gimbal technically works, just the error messages will stay there
I did a Video:

In the End you can see that it is moving correctly (where it is stuck at 95%)

I also have tried it via dji-firmware-tools and if I run

py comm_og_service_tool.py --port com4 WM160 GimbalCalib LinearHall
py comm_og_service_tool.py --port com4 WM160 GimbalCalib JointCoarse

It works fine and the Gimbal is working fine until I restart the Mavic Mini.
But in the App it will still show the error messages.

Does anyone know what could be the problem or has an Idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Did you ever find the error. I have the same issue after replacing an the ESC board and min frame. Was careful and wore static wrist band so struggling to fix.

Hey, unfortunately I wasn't able to fix it, I've sold it then
Did you ever find the error. I have the same issue after replacing an the ESC board and min frame. Was careful and wore static wrist band so struggling to fix.

hello sir, i have a problem with the pitch of the mavic mini gimbal, so i don't buy the wrong part for repair, in the video you can see what i should replace... i doubt whether the hall sensor gimbal is damaged or the coaxial cable is damaged, or a software problem, previously had a failed imu calibration problem... I'm very grateful for your advice... thank you.

when it gets to 95% point the drone upwards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje