DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Mavic Mini fishing in Horrocks Western Australia

Nice video, how heavy was the bait ?

Reactions: Mavic Mini
What kind of bait do you use to catch a Mini?

we had to try different rigs due to weight restrictions so ended up with single hook with mullet fillet and for the reef areas we used a small float so weight wasnt an issue. when off rocky ground we use a small 1 1/2 oz sinker. the Mini can lift 100g fairly easy and take it out no worries. ive seen test that its max lift is aprox 180g.

Reactions: Mavic Mini
This is a dangerous operation and shouldn't be considered routine. Lots of things can go wrong, If the spool binds up - you crash. During a long hard pull there's usually no indication before performance limits are reached then a crash results. Quick stop deceleration can cause the line to foul with the rotor then crash a crash results. Full disclosure, if I avidly fished, I'd probably risk swimming with my mini just because external loads are fun.

This is a dangerous operation and shouldn't be considered routine. Lots of things can go wrong, If the spool binds up - you crash. During a long hard pull there's usually no indication before performance limits are reached then a crash results. Quick stop deceleration can cause the line to foul with the rotor then crash a crash results. Full disclosure, if I avidly fished, I'd probably risk swimming with my mini just because external loads are fun.

cheers Cw4bay, im carving a small baseplate blocks for the mini out of Styrofoam so if it "crashes" through any cause it may drop but should float. im only using in light to no wind due to only having the mini so worse case is the braid getting wrapped around the rotors but to date our method of flight and release seems to ensure a clean release of the line. whats the worse that could happen? if she takes the plunge and gets wet its a risk im willing to take.
cheers

I’m a drone fishing fool. I also own a Mini but never shall they mix. The mini is great for filming the Phantoms in action. Now that’s a fishing drone, best so far.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661