DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini in windy conditions

• Thread starter Deleted member 109934
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109934

We went flying today again by the lake, the water was choppy. The wind was really strong. On the way back I was flying literally sideways to fight the wind.

Strong wind message was on all the time, few times got message to land, but since I was over the water it was not an option.

I'm absolutely blown away how well this little toy handles windy conditions.:eek:

1573853734317.png

That's what I want to see . . . . impressive!

thats great that you are blown away by the MM, but just be careful that it does not really get blown away for real,i hope you flew out into the wind, and just remember if it goes into atti mode for any reason,then believe me it will blow away

Airdata.com paid but worth it
[/QUOTE]
I see two airdata.com apps in my Playstore on my phone. both are free, but want access to my pictures and videos.

I am using UAV Forecast to check flight conditions before take off. There is a wind profile up to 1500 m altitude. You can set up parameters related to your AC and to see if it is 'Good To Fly' it.

Reactions: TheXmanJDD
What app is that you showed that shows the wind speed and direction?

My mavic mini got blown out over the ocean yesterday. It's floating with the crabs and fishes now.

View attachment 85696
[/QUOTE]
Maybe watch this video; it shows the AirData graphs you can generate....
Sorry again about your flyaway and loss fella...

What app is that you showed that shows the wind speed and direction?

My mavic mini got blown out over the ocean yesterday. It's floating with the crabs and fishes now.

View attachment 85696
[/QUOTE]If you don't need instant report (most will give you forecast anyway),you can check out "windfinder" to check the general conditions before flight.

[/QUOTE]

WOW ! I wished I had seen that video before this flight ! At 5:33, he said the exact same thing. If decreasing elevation and forward into the wind, you can maybe beat the wind, but once your elevation drop is done, you loose momentum. Luckily, he was over land.

Reactions: BlackTR48

WOW ! I wished I had seen that video before this flight ! At 5:33, he said the exact same thing. If decreasing elevation and forward into the wind, you can maybe beat the wind, but once your elevation drop is done, you loose momentum. Luckily, he was over land.
[/QUOTE]
He being me...... :) Keep smiling fella.... get yourself another drone and fly happy!

Ian

AH ! Very good. I might get into building them this time around instead. They playful part of the mini was enjoyable. My mavic pro in sport mode, "slides" too far to be whipping around landscape. The mini was cool. If 30 mph was fun, I imagine 90 mph would be even more fun. I flew it in sport mode most of the time and was already ready for me speed. Good of you to put out that video, cheers.

Reactions: Ian in London

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998